v

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆ 
                      ꧁ʙᴜʙʙʟᴇ ɢᴜᴍ                       

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆                       ꧁ʙᴜʙʙʟᴇ ɢᴜᴍ                       

     Nala found herself laying awake tonight. Many memories and thoughts were swarming her mind, they wouldn't leave her alone. It felt like they were screaming, and she swore she was gonna go insane soon. 

   Nala watched as Jeremiah began to stir in his sleep. After a few seconds, his eyes fluttered open. He smiled he found her to already be awake. 

   Jeremiah brushed a few stray curls out of her face, resting his palm on her cheek ever so gently. As if it were instinct, she leaned into him. 

   Nala offered him the smallest of smiles. "Hi." 

   Jeremiah strokes his thumb across her cheek. "Hi. What're you doing up still?" He asks. 

   "Couldn't sleep." 

   Laying on his back, Nala crawled into his arms. "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" 

   "I was thinking about back home... Mostly wondering what Mom and Pop are up to, but mainly the memories." 

   "Like what?" 

   She smiles at just the thought. "Like when Kenai and I broke into the public pool and camped out for the night, or when my sister and I snuck out to go to the movies with all her friends. Mom wanted to kill us when she found out it was rated R." 

   "You never told me those stories," Jere says. 

   "I was a troublemaker back then, never really cared about rules. I guess that's why we get along so great." 

   Jeremiah ran his fingers through her hair. She always liked when he did that, and he loved her reaction. It's like Nala became putty in his hands, he loved seeing her melt. He could feel her body begin to relax, all the tension slowly turning into calm nerves and a peaceful mind. 

   "You know, sometimes I wonder how different everything would be if we hadn't met that day. Like, would we have even met?" 

   Jeremiah scoffs, "Are you kidding me? We were fated to meet. If it didn't happen then, I would've just flirted with you on the way to class." 

   "Okay, but what if we didn't? I, for one, would still have extremely crippling social anxiety. I mean, that doesn't disregard the fact that it's still there, but you've made things a lot easier -- you make talking to you and being with you easy," She smiles.