I

A loud voice echoed throughout the lands as the townfolks swung their windows and doors open, their forms peeking curiously at the sudden announcement. The morning is still at its beginning making the crowds question as to the importance of this sudden news

"Hark, people of Leyndell! For we bring thou wonderful news! The city of Leyndell and the entirety of the Lands Between proudly welcome our beloveth Prince Godwyn and his soldiers who fought well against the enemies of our beloved country and people. Leyndell, let us warmly welcome the heroes of this age!"

Once the announcement finished, the already busy street of the city turned even more crowded as people excitedly ran outside their houses and establishments in hopes of taking even a single glance upon the long march of the said heroes. And of course, the most anticipated being the eldest son of their queen whom captured the hearts of the people with his bravery and dedication.

And there he was, on his majestic steed clad in metallic armor. Golden eyes looked around the crowd with a stoic font yet a warm tone beneath as he looked at the people who cheered, some offering their gratefulness, whilst some spouted congratulatory messages.

Almost everyone's eyes watched the god with awe as his aura shone brightly under the morning rays, as if the sun itself favoured him. Which if it did, would not be surprising, he was the son of Queen Marika, their own Goddess it was understandable  why the skies favoured her kin. 

Young maidens squealed behind their fans as the prince of gold passed by the crowd and finally to the ginormous gates that lead to the entrance of the Castle. The further the soldiers went, the thinner the crowd became as some decided to return to their previous businesses.

The large, golden gates opened wide accommodating every soldier to the wide grounds of the castle. Godwyn whom looked at his home with longing, stepped down from his white stallion before approaching a very familiar figure.

"Sir Aldrich, it has been a long time!"

"Yes, my Lord, it truly has been. I came here to inform that your mother is asking for thy presence." The old man bowed, his face as stoic as ever which only made the blonde chuckle nervously.

"Of course. But come on now, it has been a long time Sir Aldrich. Loosen up a little." He said with a teasing hint on his tone. Godwyn instructed his men to go back to the barracks just a few meters away from the Castle to hopefully get some rest from their exhausting journey before heading inside the large palace.

"Elder brother! Thou'rt home!" 

Before he could turn completely around to see who it was, a smaller figure immediately wrapped their arms around his middle taking him quite aback. Seeing the familiar braided blonde locks, the god chuckled before ruffling his younger brother's head affectionately.

"I believe I am, dear younger brother."

"Miquella! Oh, elder brother!" 

Looking up, he spotted the other twin who sported flaming bright red hair, like his now step-father. Smiling wider, he greeted the girl.

"Malenia, it has been a long time! How has training been for you?"

"It has been going well, brother. We welcome you home. Are you well or have you been injured, maybe even once? If so then please, let us guide you to the hea-"

"Whoa whoa, calm down. As you can see, I am well and breathing, dear sister! So loosen up." 

The twins looked at each other before turning to him once again with Miquella looking up at him with a serene yet melancholic smile that tells him that something was going on.