Prologue

Nine hundred years ago, heroes emerged every century.

They saved nations like empires and kingdoms from disasters, calamities, and problems heroes usually solve, including killing the demon king.

The problem is that the hero that appeared nine hundred years ago went insane.

After killing the demon king, she received a curse, which she was told was her reward for killing the demon king. She didn't give it a second thought until later, when she was deceived by the individuals to whom she had given her life, betrayed by someone she held dear to her heart, and stripped of her identity as a hero.

They took away her purpose for existing.

She became twisted and went absolutely insane.

For a century, she devoted her life to saving the world. She was hailed as a hero, a savior, and a blessing for humanity.

For another, she spent the time destroying it. She was labeled the paragon of evil, the villain hellbent on destroying the world, and a nightmare once dressed as a daydream.

Then, five hundred years ago, she destroyed the churches that made heroes, thus ending the cycle of heroes emerging every century.

Five hundred years later, the new hero emerges.

The humans finally succeeded in making another hero.

And then the former hero who went insane woke up from her slumber.

☁☁☁