Chapter 25: Hashira Training

Under the golden sun, the Hashira gathered for a day of training, comradeship, and friendly sparring. The field by the headquarters was alive with energy, and Mitsuri's infectious enthusiasm infused the air as she prepared the picnic spread.

The first match of the day featured Mitsuri and Tengen. With her vibrant pink kimono and his flamboyant attire, they stood as a striking contrast to each other. The clash of techniques between Mitsuri's Thunder Breathing and Tengen's Sound Breathing created a dazzling display of power and skill. The onlookers watched in awe as their attacks and defenses merged, creating a symphony of battle.

Obanai's stern gaze never wavered from Tengen, clearly unimpressed by his antics. He monitored the match with a critical eye, his displeasure evident in the furrow of his brow.

As the battle concluded in a draw, the focus shifted to Sanemi and Rengoku, who were set to face off in the next round. Mitsuri, always one to lighten the mood, couldn't resist a playful jab. "I wonder when Tomioka-san will arrive. He's so punctual, you know!"

Tengen, ever the provocateur, chimed in with a grin. "Speaking of Tomioka, have you noticed, Rengoku-san? He seems to be spending quite a bit of time with our dear Giyuu-san. And she's been seen with the Kamado siblings too."

Rengoku's smile remained, though his irritation was palpable. Sanemi's short temper flared as he retorted, "Mind your own damn business, Tengen."

Tengen's laughter was unrestrained. "Ah, but it's always amusing to see our fellow Hashira forming connections, isn't it?"

The battle between Rengoku and Sanemi commenced, fire and wind clashing in a fierce spectacle. 

Tengen observed their skirmish, delighting in the reactions he had stirred.

Amidst the fight, a shift in the atmosphere caught their attention. Giyuu and Tokito, known as Tomioka, approached the group nearby. Mitsuri's comment rang out, "They look so similar! Like they could be siblings!"

As the two quieter Hashira drew closer, Rengoku and Sanemi's expressions faltered for a moment. Stuttering slightly, they seemed caught off guard by Giyuu's proximity. Tengen seized the opportunity to propose an idea. "How about a two-on-two match, Sanemi and Rengoku versus Tokito and Giyuu?"

Surprisingly, the usually reserved Hashira agreed, perhaps intrigued by the thought. The stage was set for an intense battle, with Sanemi and Rengoku facing Tokito and Giyuu.

The two-on-two battle commenced, and it quickly became evident that Tokito and Giyuu had an almost uncanny synchrony in their movements. 

They flowed seamlessly as a single unit, their attacks and defenses interweaving flawlessly. Meanwhile, Rengoku and Sanemi struggled to coordinate their efforts, the difference in their fighting styles causing momentary lapses.

The intensity of the fight escalated, and Rengoku and Sanemi found themselves increasingly on the defensive. Giyuu and Tokito continued to maintain their unity, alternating between offense and defense with an ease that left everyone astonished.

As the battle raged on, Giyuu managed to stealthily position herself behind Rengoku, her water blades forming around his neck. The sudden pressure on his neck caught Sanemi's attention, his eyes widening as he realized the situation. At the same time, Tokito conjured mist that enveloped the area, obscuring vision and adding an element of chaos to the fight.

When the mist cleared, Tokito had placed himself in a similar position behind Sanemi, his misty creation now a weapon of control. The Hashira exchanged surprised glances, the efficiency of Tokito's technique leaving them momentarily speechless.

Tengen's flamboyant laughter broke the silence. "Well, well, Tokito-kun, seems you've been learning from our dear Giyuu-san." The enigmatic Hashira responded with a cryptic smile, acknowledging the unspoken mentorship that had taken place.

As the fight came to a pause, Sanemi's annoyance was palpable. "So, Tokito, care to explain how you suddenly became a master of mist manipulation?" he spat, his short temper not allowing him to hold back his curiosity.

Tokito responded with a nonchalant shrug, his tone carrying a hint of sarcasm. "Oh, you know, just thought I'd pick up some new tricks. Thought I'd ask Giyuu-san for some pointers." His casual response only seemed to fuel Sanemi's irritation.

"Figures," Sanemi muttered under his breath, his skepticism evident. "Just don't think I'll be asking you for combat advice anytime soon."

As the two exchanged their banter, Rengoku found his attention divided between the ongoing conversation and the subtle interaction unfolding between Giyuu and himself. He caught her gaze, and the corner of her lips curled into a gentle smile. It was a small, private moment amidst the banter and camaraderie of the Hashira.

As the tension subsided, Giyuu disarmed her water blades and Tokito dissipated the mist. With a nod of her head, Giyuu walked toward Mitsuri and Obanai, a sense of camaraderie and mutual respect emanating from her every step. Rengoku, intending to join her, was subtly blocked by Tokito, who took a seat by Giyuu's side.

The field bore witness to a moment of unity among the Hashira, a reflection of their diverse strengths and shared commitment to their cause.