The Start Of Something New

Trigger Warnings : mention of toxic traits in family, fights, crying, mention of past abuse, mention of minor character death.

"Have you found your soulmate ?" Chan asks Lucas one day when they're outside in a park, burning under the hot light of the sun. He likes it, closes his eyes and sunbathes under it.

Lucas fans his book around his face, clearly struggling with the heat, "I've talked to them yeah, we found each other on Twitter."

Chan raises an eyebrow, "Twitter ?"

He sits when he sees Lucas pulling out his phone, "Yeah it's social media, you can send some text on it for everyone to see, short videos, memes etc. But not gonna lie, it's also where people like to bash on others and be toxic," he huffs when Chan simply blinks, "in other words, it's not for you."

Chan puckers his lips, "But why would they be like this ? It's not really nice."

"They're anonymous in there, which means no one can really find them and it's also where people like to blow off some steam, you know ?" he trails, the older hums, "it's like they have a bad day, so they go on that to insult others and feel better. It's like those who like to break stuff when they're angry, but here, they insult others."

"It's awful," Chan mutters sadly.

"No one is really mean just because they're mean, you know ? There's always a reason behind it, either coming from how they were educated and their social circle, or their mood and the day they had to go through."

The older hums, more in understanding just as they see Hannah coming back from the convenience store.

"I've got the ice creams," She says with an annoyed scowl, "next time I'll make sure one of you loses."

Chan snorts at her words, taking one ice cream she hands him, "Thanks," it's been a week and Chan had gone through the numerous medical appointments he had. For now he was waiting for the results, spending time with his siblings.

It's less hard these days, he feels like he can breathe, can rest and cries in his bed thinking of Youngsoo and doesn't feel like he's being buried under the ground, alive and suffocating. There are some things still hard to talk about with his family, like asking his parents he wants to be alone all week, but not... really. He just wants to spend time with his sister and brother, but not with the parents, which is definitely mean but he can't help it.

It's weird to say this, but he thinks his parents are... a tiny bit suffocating.

He knows why they are like this, understands they've just found him back but they really are.

His mother's been sending him messages every hour which can be cute, but she's been doing it since Chan's given his phone number, and the tiresome is starting to come back just after a few days of real relaxation.

"Mom's still up your ass ?"

Chan grimaces, he can't say the opposite but he doesn't like how she phrases it, "Don't say that," he earns a roll of her eyes, "but yeah," he sighs as he looks at her fifth message. She's asking him if he's still out with his siblings. He answers her quickly.

"Just tell her you want her to stop," Hannah replies with a deadpan look.

"I can't ask her that," he retorts, "you know why."

Hannah doesn't answer, simply stares at him for long seconds while Lucas finishes his ice-cream, "You still can though," he says nonchalantly, "you just need to talk to her-"