CHP8:The Victim

The next day Marie and Berman woke up at seven in the morning.They ate breakfast,got ready and left for court.
When they reached, this time the courtroom was half full.Maybe because it was the victim party questioning.It was about fifteen minutes left for eight.Mr Otten was waiting at the defendant table with a few of his files,maybe about Jules.After time passed,the judge came in.Everyone stood up to greet him, once again he signalled them to be seated.

At that moment,Jules came out in his shabby orange prison uniform looking down and his hair in a complete mess.He still looked the same,
not even a millisecond of shut-eye.

He looked at Berman,dead in the eye.Didn't take his eyes off till he sat down.The jury was called to the Judges stand.When they all left,the judge called out someone from the victim party for questioning.That was us.We were the victim party.

Berman wanted Marie going and she accepted.Marie eye'd the Chief there.
"Your Honour, Detective Suzanne will question Jules from the Victim party."Berman stood up.
"Very well then.Proceed Detective."
Marie stood up,all eyes on her.
"Your Honour I have an objection."Mr.Otten said.
"Yes?"The Judge acknowledged.
"Your Honour , I don't think Detectives are allowed questioning."

"I suppose Detective Suzanne' has a point to make.This case has gone further because of her and her assistant."The Judge said.

Marie felt Berman smilling at the side of her eye.
"Detective,please proceed."The Judge said.
Marie nodded.
"Your Honour,while Berman and I were in Jules trailer a second time,we found a few photos of him with Jean and three other boys.
"Do you have it?"The Judge said.
"Yes Your Honour."Marie said and got out the pictures from the files.
"May I approach the stand?"Marie asked.
The Judge approved.Marie gave the photos to the Judge.

"Mr and Mrs Jean,please come to the stand."The Judge ordered.

Mr and Mrs Jean came out of the seats and approached the stand.

"Do you know who these three boys are?Are they still around?"The Judge asked.

Mr.Jean pointed out to one of the boys in the picture.
"He's Harry Jones,great lad.He's not here though.He went to Brighton for college,atleast that's what Eric told me.Oh and this is Max Weilberg,he's a musician,plays on the streets every couple of weeks.This guy is Aiden Joil, he was in the same college as Eric."Mr.Jean stated.Mrs Jean look like she hasn't slept for weeks.She really needed rest.
Both of them went back.The Jury was called again.They murmured something and went back.
The room was filled with whispers.
The judge slammed the gavel on the table.
"Order!-Order!-Now,with the new information given by detective,court has been excused."
Everyone left.While everyone was leaving,Berman came up to me.
"The Chief wants us at the headquarters.Coming with?"
I nodded.We drove to the headquarters with the paparazzi following us probably half way through.Marie..after this case gets dismissed..do you want to go out as in a date?"Berman said.
"Sure I guess."Marie said.She was smilling the entire car ride.Accidently touching Bermans veiny hands.Immediately pulled back.They got out the car when they reached.

We went in, the paparazzi were still there.We were heading to the chiefs office.
Bermans phone rang.

"I need to take this.D'you mind?"Berman said.
Marie acknowledged him to go.He went into the empty conference room.He

"I'll not be long.Wait for a minute."
It wasn't a minute.It was five minutes.Marie heard her name coming from Berman.She came near the door, peeping.
"Yeah,she still thinks it's him."Berman said.
What?What did he mean? Marie thought.She intended to listen more.

"I'm living with her for a bit right now.Pretending my 'apartment' is flooded.Yeah I still have the weapon.Alright.I need to go meet the chief right now.Yes I'll fake it all."He hung up.Marie hastely went away from the door.
"You took long."Marie said,slyly.
"It was my mum,my sister told her about the flood.You know about mum's they'll talk-"Berman got interrupted.
"Yeah yeah whatever I live an airplane away from my mother."Marie said.They walked to the Chief's office.She kept eyeing Berman not in love,in rage.

Marie thought it was about someone else.She didn't really believe it that much."Fake it all" what did he mean?
That wasn't deniable.It couldn't be him.How could it?He wasn't close to him in anyway.
Marie had a plan.
She would be under Berman's trick.Falsely be crazily in love with him.Let him believe she's stupid,would get with anyone.

She's Definitely Not,Your Honour.