CHP12:Colours Of Obsession

It was the next day since Kyle Berman got arrested.Marie would have to go to court alone but she'll see him with his grinning smile.Marie got up early,just in time to fit in a good breakfast.She went to her kitchen,made some of her favorite waffles and sat down at the table to eat.She grabbed the remote and switched on the television.While going through the channels,she got a hold of the News Channel.

This was about her.

''Yesterday at exactly  nine o'clock,the Jean Case took place in the courthouse behind me.The court report written by Angela Wittens says that Kyle Berman the assistant and rumoured boyfriend of  Detective Marie Suzanne' is arrested and has been proclaimed as the killer.He confessed to be the killer when Detective Suzanne' made the objection.Benjamin Jules the former accused is now pleaded not guilty and is now set free.Although Kyle Berman confessed,he showed signs of psychotic illness and might be admitted to a mental facillity or will be spending life in prison.''

The Reporter kept speaking,Marie switched off the television and  got up to get ready and then drove to court.While reaching the streets of the courthouse,there were protesters and cameramen running after her car screaming and yelling at her to get to know what she feels like.Marie parked the car and tried to get out but could not as the swarm of people didn't let her.Angela took hold of the sight from afar and went in for help.She yelled out Marie's name and told her to grab her hand.Marie listened and was saved from the swarming crowd.The crowd rushed after her but the doors shut.

''I'm only helping you because you need a friend right now.''Angela said.Marie rose a slight smile.

They were walking to the courtroom.

''Did you sleep well?''Angela asked.

''Not really,I slept late and woke up early.''Marie replied.

''I saw the news,your report was great.My mom has been telling me about the reports coming in the newspaper.I just don't like how he might get into a mental facility.He should serve life and rot in hell.''Marie scoffed.

While talking they walked into the courtroom.Marie took her seat and waited.She ultimately zoned out.Why would she date the killer?How could have she been so stupid?How did she not get fired?

She hated him so much.Her eyes pierced at every thought of him.Her fist would tighten up if his name was called.Her soul jumped out in hatred everytime she saw him.

But how did she be like that with him?Was it all true?Did she love this spontaneous psychotic killer?

This was nothing but an act of faked affection.

All was fake.Everything they did she felt nothing but an immerse bitter emotion felt like it was injected into her vessels through a syringe.The adrenaline never worked up at all.She never had that ''butterflies in her stomach'' feeling when they were 'together'' or her little rendevouze.The janitors closet was the most uncomfortable think she was forced to like.Anywho,they never went on their little date.They just made out in the janitors closet.Best relationship ever..or was it even?Does it count?

Ofcourse it does not.

Marie felt nothing while they were 'dating'.Why did she keep going on?She liked  it.She enjoyed thoroughly.She hated the person but liked what he did to her although it made her feel burnt out.She wanted more,but now?-He's ashes -burnt to the ground.He's lifeless.How could he have lied to her?Why? Would he chose her for this case?Why did he?Why would he-

Her blind thoughts were interrupted by the Judge coming in,everyone stood up to greet him.He gestured everyone to sit down.

''Get that douche here and get this over already.''He said.

A police officer got him out,his hands cuffed facing forward,his curly +jet black hair being perfectly messy,his hands looking even more tighter,his grinning smile at Marie.His eyes looked   bloodshot red.His prison orange uniform was shabbily worn,although the collar perfectly attained.

He sat down beside his attorney,Miss Gilbert.A woman of twenty nine.She was blonde and had mossy green eyes.She wore a grey blazer which made her look dull.

''First off I'd like to say-''The Judge caught Berman looking at Marie.

''He slammed his gamble in rage.

''Stop looking at her dimwit,look at me.''

''I'm sorry Your Honour.''He said looking down biting his lip.

Marie was in utter shock.Her jaw droped to the floor.Eh-You would have expected this from an obsessive psychotic killer whose head over heels for you.From an assistant to a lover to the murderer. Have the tables have turned;More like the tables did a russian leap and spun across the floor a couple times.

Definately that.

The Judge was looking through some papers,Marie found the sight of Berman looking at her with his grinning smile.He mouthed ''I love you,Marie.''

Marie looked softly but disgusted.He smirked and looked  at the Judge.The Judge continued talking and called out to Marie for the questioning for Alex and Max.

Marie came out of her seat walked up to the questioning stand where Max sat.

''Were you with him at the club?''Marie asked.

''Yes,it was just me.''Max replied

''Did you know Mr.Berman was driving Eric home?''Marie  asked

''Yes I did.''

''What did you drink?''Marie asked.

''Objection-why is this relevant?''One of the Juries firmly obligated

''I promise to prove a point.''Marie said.

The Judge acknowledged her.

''I was not drinking alcohol,just a couple of ice teas.''Max said.

''You were drinking beer.''Berman grinned.The whole room gasped.

''How do you know?''Marie asked.

''I saw him buying them on and on.He would not stop till Alex told him to stop which was probably six or seven glasses.''Berman said.

''I'm not lying.Ask Alex yourself.''Berman continued.

''Alex.''The Judge called out.

''Yes Your Honour?''Alex politely acknowledged.

''Did you or did you not stop Max from drinking beer?''The Judge

''Yes,Your Honour.His girlfriend broke up with him.He dranked all the stress out.''Alex said.

''Very well then.''The Judge said.He slammed the gamble on the stand.

''The next session will take place the following Monday at nine o'clock.Court is dismissed.''The Judge said and dropped the gamble.Everyone started leaving.Berman came towards Marie with this psychotic smile.

''Hi.''He said breathlessly as his hair slightly fluttered in the air.The two policemen grabbed him by the arm,pulling him by his wrists.

''LET ME TALK TO HER.''Berman yelled.

''Take him away right now.''Marie looked at the two policemen and left the courtroom along with Angela ,she heard  faint screams-''MARIE I LOVE YOU,I LOVE YOU.''He yelled repeatedly.Marie was traumatized as the screams slowly fade away.Her tears came out.Her hair stood up.She cried silently so Angela would not have to bother.This would be her life for the next two months.Getting traumatized and scared for her live.The rage was real.