Chapter 1: What Are You Two Up To?

"You remember what to do right?" Keviar whispered as he tugged Joseph along behind him down the hallway.

"Not really, you only told me half the plan and dragged me away from the table," Joseph grumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Fine fine, I'll explain it one more time," Kev said, suddenly stopping as he turned around to face him.

"You lure Kam out into the garden and tell her it's important, then once you get to the garden hut we were in yesterday get her to stand in the entrance and..." he explained.

"And why am I doing all of this again?" Joseph asked as he listened to the strangely elaborate plan.

"Because we're trying to prank her, duh," Kev said, shaking his head shamefully. "Have I taught you nothing since you've been here?"

"The last one we did on So made me fall and slide down the hallway. I think my tailbone is still bruised," Joseph whined, rubbing his lower back.

"That's because you didn't give me the queue in time and I threw the oil on the floor when you walked past instead of her," Kev said, sighing as he palmed his forehead.

"These pranks are getting more elaborate and dangerous the more you try to rope me in," Joseph whined again.

"Okay okay, if this one works well it'll be the last one for a while, deal?" Kev asked.

"Yeah yeah I've heard this already," Joseph said, shaking his head, furrowing his brow.

"Okay good," he replied, a mischievous grin stretching across his face. "Now start moving, we gotta finish this before Fortis calls you for practice," he continued, pulling Joseph down the hallway once again.

"You didn't tell me the rest of the plan though," Joseph said, dragging his feet and trying to pull his arm back.

"Almighty, you're burning good daylight," Kev whined.

"I'm positioned above the garden hut. You bring Kam in and say, 'The flowers sure are pretty today,' and once she's in range I'll dump the bag of flour I got from the kitchen on her. It'll be perfect," he said, manically rubbing his hands together, as a crazy look entered his eye.

"I thought you weren't allowed in the kitchen ever again," Joseph said.

"That's...uh...not important, you're missing the point," Kev replied.

"Um, which is...?" Joseph asked awkwardly.

"Is she even gonna laugh at this?" He continued.

"Of course she is, and the point is I haven't pranked her since you got here last week. She's due for a good pranking, plus I know she'll enjoy the well-thought-out humor of my wordplay, flower, and flour," he smirked again.

"If she doesn't laugh I'm telling her this was all your idea," Joseph said, lifting his hands as he removed himself from the situation, continuing down the hallway.

"But it's a two-man plan," Kev whined while jogging after him. "Come on."

"Okay okay, if I help you with this one...you gotta help me with the thing I told you about," Joseph said, endearingly.

"Okay fine," Kev said, giving in to Joseph's demands as he continued down the hallway to the garden.

"Okay good," Joseph said, smiling as he shook his head.

"Okay you go get Kam, I'll set up above the hut," he snickered, running down the hall.

"Welp here we go again," Joseph said as he turned a corner, headed towards the library.