Chapter 3: How Could You Just Forget?

"I'm sorry I'm late for being early!" Joseph howled as he ran down the hallway, bursting through the gym doors.

"Kev had me wrapped up in another..." he started to say as he scanned the empty room.

"Fortis, I swear it wasn't his fault!" Kev screamed as he burst through the doors, startling Joseph.

"Oh," he said, realizing they were the only ones there.

"I thought Yohan said you were late," Kev said, as the two of them stood there awkwardly waiting.

"I thought so too, but now I'm confused... unless..." he replied, trailing off as a thought came to him.

"Unless what?" Kev asked

"OH MY ALMIGHTY!" He howled. "Today's my first outdoor practice, I totally forgot!!"

"What!!" Kev screeched. "How could you forget?!"

"I don't know, maybe because you had me wrapped up in another prank," Joseph sighed, shaking his head. "I'm supposed to meet him in the East Gardens."

"Well let's go then," Kev replied, pushing Joseph through the doors back into the hallway.

"WHOA!!" Joseph screamed as the two of them slammed into someone now entering the gym.

"Can you two watch where you're going?" Chisai groaned as the three of them lay flat on the floor.

"Chisai?" Joseph said, puzzled by his sudden appearance.

"Chi!" Kev yelped, rubbing his bruised elbow.

"Hey guys," he said, slowly getting up as the enormous bag slung over his shoulders weighed him down.

"I thought you'd be getting settled, Yohan just told us you had arrived," Kev said, as the two of them high-fived.

"Yeah, what brings you to the gym?" Joseph asked, high-fiving Chisai.

"Well I am kinda tired after the trip, but I'm just looking for my Dad," Chisai replied, looking toward the swinging gym doors behind them.

"Ohhhh, well we're going to meet him right now, I'm having my first outdoor practice today," Joseph said, as the three of them continued down the hall to the East gardens.

"Chisai?!" Kameron yelped from behind them.

"Oh hey, Kam," he replied, as she walked up behind them.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked, looking back at the door to the gym. "Don't you have a lesson with Fortis right now?"

"Yeah..." Joseph replied, shamefully.

"He forgot today's his first outdoor practice in the garden," Kev whispered loudly.

"Only because...you know what never mind, I'll just get boiled it's okay," he replied, downing his head as he accepted his fate.

"He's not going to actually boil you," Chisai chuckled. "But I wouldn't put it past him..."

"How was your trip home?" Kam asked. "I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say bye when you left."

"It's all good, no worries," he replied, holding his bag straps. 

"It was alright, my mom was happy to see me and stuff," he said smiling. "Even though I was sent home."

"Can we walk and talk?" Joseph pleaded. "I mean, I'm already dead, but I'd be less dead if we continued walking..."

"Yeah let's go," Kev said, as they all continued down the hallway.

"But Chi, I'm still really sorry about that," Kev said, nervously scratching his neck. "It's my fault that you left the palace and Fortis sent you away."