What happened to Kyle? (Part 1/3)

CONTEXT: This is part one of Kyles lore :) (I normally HATE Kyle, but I think I'm beginning to like him-). Kyle is Crimson's abusive dad who went downhill due to an unknown source. This first part is set in 1985 where Kyle was in his teenage years and explore his relationship with Diana and downfall into adulthood. ALSO MYLES - Kyles older brother - WILL BE PRESENT!!!! (Unfortunately for him... :( )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Dude. You are so lame. I mean just cause you SOMEHOW started dating Diana does NOT mean you get to laugh at me struggling to ask Sasha out.' Matthew pouted slinging the bag he just got from his locker over his shoulder in a stroppy way.

'Haha! It isn't my fault you have no game, Matty!' Kyle teased, adjusting his glasses whilst chuckling to himself quietly.

'I do have game!' Matthew quipped giving Kyle a soft punch to the shoulder.

'Whatever, man.' Kyle smirked taking the lead in walking down the corridor. 'It's okay I have a plan to help you out today.' Kyle snickered slyly.

Matthew looked at him, mortified. 'What on EARTH is that supposed to mean?!' Hoping for an answer as soon as possible. 'You better not embarrass me.'

Kyle laughed as he watched Matthew become more flushed as they approached the girls enjoying a chat by their lockers. Though, Kyle couldn't help but feel a little awkward as it felt like the school was against him. Being best friends with the most popular kid in the year while also being 'the nerd' was not the best look. You would've assumed that it would have the opposite effect but people seemed to hate him more. He was so lucky to have Matthew though, he was basically the only person who gave him a chance when he joined the school later than expected.

Diana looked into her mirror and noticed the boys slowly approaching first. 'Hey boys!' She exclaimed running up to Kyle and hugging him. Sasha smiled at the flushed Matthew as Kyle was trying to get used to the affection from Diana.

After a short catch up chat throughout the group Diana and Kyle were able to slip away to give Matthew and Sasha some privacy. Out in the courtyard the cherry blossom trees were throwing down their pretty pink petals like the flower-girls before the bride arrives. Diana was sitting on the bench as the small swifts of wind blow the hair across her pristine face. The spring breeze was just perfect, she looked perfect. Kyles face filled with a rosy hue and a small smile darted across his face, ear to ear. Diana peered over.

'Hm?~' She hummed curiously seeing his smitten expression.

'Nothing~' He chuckled moving her hair away so he could see her entire face. 'I just promise that I will always love you.' Kyle sighed, expressing his devotion to her. Diana proceeded to remove his glasses away from his face and gracing her soft hand across his face. Slowly creeping closer to his face he could feel her breath on his skin. She softly pecked his cheek and smiled at him looking him dead in the eyes. Their eyes sparkled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'It's a shame Myles has an afterschool activity today...' Kyle muttered to himself under his breath. Maybe.... He should've stayed to wait for him because he hated walking down his side of town, it had always been a shady area. Drugs being shared. People being hurt. His footsteps echoed down the alley he had just turned onto, this is a shortcut that he had taken multiple times but this time, it felt.... different. As the light from the glorious sun slowly faded away it felt as if the alley was never ending. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being followed...

Tap... Tap... Tap... Tap... Tap...

Kyle swung around with an intense force to find nobody behind him, he picked up his pace.