Chapter 1

He had lost everyone. The academy was his only home now. The turmoil he has within him turned him into an emotionless stoic. And it helps especially during times like this, and for what he is about to face, an undead monster that can't truly be killed. Y/N put his suit on which consisted of metal plates laced with gold to help conduct his electrical currents and the rest of it was a synthetic mesh that was three times stronger than titanium. Solomon Grundy, that was the only thing that was on his mind right now, the monster is terrorizing downtown and he has to stop it.
Before leaving the academy, Y/N looked at a display case in the corner of his room, it contained the suit of his father.

-

Y/N flew towards the sound of destruction and saw Grundy beating a Kryptonian to a pulp. . . odd, shouldn't a Kryptonian be able to handle Grundy? He saw Grundy pin her to the ground with his foot.

Y/N: Grundy! Go back to the sewer!

Grundy yelled and launched himself at the floating super human. Y/N simply caught him by the throat and without hesitation, punched Grundy into orbit. Y/N sighed and lowered to the ground to help the girl up.

Y/N: You okay?

???: I'm fine.

Y/N heard Superman floating behind them so he turned around to greet Clark. Batman also showed up. Y/N told her to stay put and he followed the two. A man from the destroyed apartments started arguing with the girl.

Batman: Your cousin is a problem. You said we could trust her.

Superman: We can. She's only been here a couple of months. She's doing her best.

Batman: It's not good enough. Had Gillman not been here, more destruction could have accured. You were so excited to have someone here from Krypton, you didn't think of the negative impact for us mere humans. In the short time she's been here, she's destroyed buildings and failed to control her powers.

Y/N: I'm not one to judge, my father struggled to control his until he was forty.

Batman: But he taught you to control yours. She hasn't learned. It makes her a threat.

Superman stared at his friend.

Superman: I don't like what your saying.

Superman and Y/N's hearing picked up the sound of tear drops falling. They turned around and saw the girl. She was crying at what she was hearing.

Superman: Kara. . .

She flew off with a sonic boom.

Y/N: I'm going to get her to join the academy, I can help her control her powers. Clark, stay here.

Superman couldn't get a word in before Y/N flew off. Superman tried to fly after him but he stopped after Batman yelled his name.

Batman: He needs to do this will help you, she needs this done without you, right now she needs to learn the hard truth, there is no room for what you have to say right now.

Superman looked down. He didn't want her to be in pain.

-

Kara was sitting on a roof when Y/N found her, it was night time. He sat down next to her.

Y/N: Think I heard your name was Kara. My name is Y/N Gillman.

Kara: As in John Gillman?

Y/N: Yeah. He was my father. What you got there?

Y/N pointed at the badge that was in her hand.

Kara: It what's the last thing my mother ever handed to me.

Y/N: Oh. My mother is gone too. Klara Risinger.

Kara knew what that means, the man sitting next to her is the son of The Homelander and Stormfront. Those two along with the rest of the seven sacrificed themselves to stop Darkseid's terraforming attempt on Earth.

Y/N: I'm not going to sugarcoat it, Batman was right, we have to get you to be able to control your powers. I'm going to get you into the superhero Academy. They will teach you how to control them and so will I.

Kara merely looked down before looking back into the man's electric blue eyes, she stared at them for a second, seeing electrical current pulsing through his eyes.

Kara: Thank you. If it's okay, I want to stay here for a little longer.

Y/N assumed that her mother died on Krypton, so he understood what was going on. Y/N nodded and the two simply sat there, almost bonding over shared trauma.