Mr. Pigeon

"You have one day to work on a fashion piece of your own design," The Principal explained to the class "In ten hours, your presentation will be judged by the great fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, the father of our student Adrien. Adrien will model the winning design. And now, this year's theme: derby hats,"

"Derby hats?" Marinette asked.

"Something men and women wear when they go watch Horse races," Viola simplified.

Marinette flipped through her sketchbook "Derby hat? Derby hat? Derby hat? Derby hat? I don't have any derby hat design." she cried. "I've got top hats, caps, two-horned hats. A beret? I'm your girl. A sombrero? No problemo. But a derby?" she frowned. "It won't even matter, I'll probably make a fool of myself, trip on my derby, collapse on Mr. Agreste, give him a concussion, and Adrien will hate me. I'll never be a great fashion designer. My life is over!"

"Uh..you're up," Viola told Alya.

Alya laughed as she picked Marinette off the floor. "All this for a derby hat? Let me see your sketchpad. There must be something in here,"

"Forget it," Marinette said, depressed. "I'll probably mess everything up in the end.

Alya flipped through the sketchpad as Adrien walked over.

"Wow, Alya! Awesome designs," Adrien said. "I didn't know you had such skills,"

"Thanks, but I can't take the credit," Alya admitted. "These sick designs belong to Marinette,"

Marinette had jumped to hide behind Viola.

"Off the chain, right?" Viola asked.

Adrien smiled over at Marinette. "You're super talented. You have a good chance of winning,"

Marinette perked up hearing Adrien say that "Well...um...yeah, I like designs that...go upwards?"

Viola face palmed as Marinette rambled.

"While stopping?"

"What she means to say is thanks," Viola saved.

"Sure." Adrien said, "Good luck; maybe I'll be wearing your derby at Father's next photo shoot,"

Alya shook her head at Marinette's antics. "You gotta get a grip next time. Did you hear? He thinks you can win,"

The trio of friends all jumped, cheering.

"Nine hours until show time," Viola said.

"Yikes! I'm off to my secret garden of inspiration," Marinette told the girls.

"Uh...Marinett?" Viola was about to warn, but the girl had already run into the wall. "Never mind,"

"I'm okay," Marinette declared. "I'm okay,"

***

Viola was playing her violin in front of the Eiffel Tower when she noticed Marinette run by.

"Yes!' Marinette cheered as she picked up a pigeon feather.

"Are we collecting weird items, or does this have to do with the derby hat assignment?" Viola teased.

"Totally for the derby hat!" Marinette said as she began to rush off, running into an officer on her way. "Sorry, Mr. Officer, Sir,"

Viola shook her head but watched as a swarm of pigeons surrounded the officer and took him away. "Chann, tell me you saw that,"

The wolf Akuma nodded his head.

"Great...looks like we've got work to do,"