Chapter 7

Meanwhile...

Kyle had arrived at Evan's house, parking his car and heading to the front door. He'd be quickly greeted by Evan and let inside the house.

"Maxis said that she can get off a little earlier and meet us at the restaurant." Kyle said, informing his friend.

Evan nodded, "and Shannon?" He asked.

"She'll tag along with Maxis, later." Kyle added, "what about Bryce and Joey?" He asked.

"Bryce and Joey are busy working through the night." Evan responded.

Kyle nodded back, "So I guess that just leaves Luke?"

Evan responded with a nod. These two were obviously unaware of what had just happened and that Luke was now dead.

As the two of them continued to talk about Luke and other things, such as the game, Evan heard his phone ringing. It was a call coming from "Luke."

Evan swiped over to accept the call, "Hey man, we we're just talking about you."

"Really? I was just thinking about you, Evan!~" A voice that didn't belong to Luke said, followed by a chuckle from them.

Evan tensed up a bit, immediately realizing that he wasn't talking to Luke, but the killer. His tensing up didn't go unnoticed either, as Kyle looked over at him, raising a brow and confusion.

Kyle tried to read Evans lips to see what he was trying to mouth to him. However, he shook his head, as if telling Evan he didn't understand. Evan rolled his eyes a bit and put the phone on speaker.

"You're awfully quiet now, Evan~ what's wrong~? Cat got your tongue~?" Ghostface taunted.

It was at that moment that Kyle finally understood. He nodded and pulled his own phone out and beginning  to text his sister, telling her about Ghostface calling them. As this happened, Evan continue to talk to Ghostface, while Kyle kept an eye out, just to make sure Ghostface wasn't going to sneak up on them.

"You wouldn't be trying to alert anyone, would you Evan~?" Ghostface asked.

"No, why would I do something like that?" Evan replied, while turning towards Kyle and allowing his fear to been seen, considering he had never been through this before, compared to his friend.

Ghostface chuckled, "Good~ because the cops would never make it in time to save you... or Kyle~"

Kyle's eyes widened, being surprised at the mention of his name. Evan, too, was surprised by this.

Just as Evan was about to say something back to Ghostface, they ended the call, leaving the two of them standing in silence for a few moments.

"What the fuck do we do?" Evan whispered.

"Maxis said that the police are on the way..." Kyle said, informing Evan.

Evan nodded, "but what the fuck do we do... they obviously know we're here..." He continued to whisper.

Kyle fished around in his pocket for his keys and brandished them towards Evan, "we can go wait in my car. If they come towards us, we have a quick escape route..."

Evan seemed hesitant about this plan, however he didn't see much of a choice because the killer could sneak up on them at any time.

The two guys would begin to head towards the back door, which had been his idea, due to not knowing where the killer actually was. That plan quickly changed, when they heard a noise coming from where the back door was.