6. Boss Boyfriend

Larry

"...Mom is going to marry once their divorce is final and Dad's BF is going to move in. It's crazy, right? No? You think I'm exaggerating?" Gemma asks looking a bit tipsy but definitely know how to hold her drinks. I'm already pacing my alcohol intake wanting to be the sober one in this particular Sunday lunch.

Again, this had never happened to me before. It's unheard of for me to be sober in my kind of situation. The kind where I have a beautiful woman within touching distance, who is already halfway drunk and enjoying my company. I would usually drink as much and we ended up in my bed, having drunk sex, and too much exploration that the sex itself was far from great.

But Gemma is special, I wanted more. Still do. Argh, maybe this is all my brothers doing. They're all married and happy and now I want what they have. Okay, maybe not married in the sense of forever, I just want to see if Gemma and I can be something. If she might be interested in something more with me. Something beyond sex and deeper in the sense that she'd look past my busy schedule. There's just something about Gemma that attracts me, that intrigues me and I do hope she feels the same way too.

"Did you hear me? Or are you getting stingy on me with the Baileys? Wait, do you want me to go? Did I talk too much?"

The series of her facial expressions was too adorable for me to watch and I scooted closer. I just can't help myself not to kiss her. The softest moan leaves her lips and I press closer to her front to deepen our kiss. "No, I don't want you to go. You can keep on talking. I'll listen, you're too sweet for me, Gemma. But I think you have enough drinks, don't you want to be sober for our kisses?" I tease and her cheeks blush beautifully. 

"Uh...okay," She places her empty glass on the coffee table and rests her hand awkwardly on her lap. 

"And I think your parents, are just being overprotective of your feelings. I also think it was good that you take your time before you share your true feelings."

"Wow, okay, you really do listen." 

"I do. I am a great listener. It came with the job, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I still can't believe you actually listen to your PA mumbling about her parents."

"Gemma, you are not just my PA you realize that, don't you?" I raise a brow questioning her words and it only takes seconds before she gazes at me nervously. 

"What are we?"

"Well, I think after a couple of dates, I really would like to get to know you more. You're a very interesting person, Gemma, and I do hope you feel the same way about me too." There, I put it out in the open. I want her to know my attention towards her. I want her to know for sure that I'm...

"You are a very interesting person too." She cuts my thoughts as I see her lips tremble like she is holding her laughter, and she finally laughs, and that makes me laugh with her. 

"Okay, boss. Surely you need to smooth out your speech. Telling a woman that she's interesting and you want to get to know that person more...I wonder how you've been getting the ladies." She smirks and that's all it takes for me to smother her in more kisses.  

Gemma giggles but I'm not letting her go. My arms snake to her back, holding her close before pulling her to get on top of me. She yelps, before laughter bursts out of her and I pull her down to latch my lips with hers.

The cheerful chimes from her phone interrupt our little makeout session and she groans when she recognizes the ringtone. 

"Argh, that'll be my mom." She whines, but already gets her pretty little body off of me and reaches for her phone. 

I watch as her smile fades and she keeps on listening.

"I'm okay, Mom, I'm with a friend." She glances back at me. It makes me feel good that the frown she had seconds ago was gone, as her lips spread, showing me her beautiful smile once again. 

A friend? I whisper silently, showing off my disappointment. It's meant to be a tease, but I was pleasantly surprised when she corrected it. 

"I mean, my boyfriend." She rolls her eyes, slumping back to the sofa. "Okay, Mom, I'll bring him for dinner. Yes, yes...I'll see you later."

She ends the call and at the same time turns to face me. "You are my boyfriend right?"

She grins when I nod and grab her by the waist. "I want to, we dated right? And you came here and we have pizza and dessert?"

She laughs, "Sure, Baileys and Ice cream can be a form of dessert. But seriously, you don't have to come tonight. It's just going to be me and my parents. Mom gets that introducing me to their partners was a bit too soon. So, tonight they're going to...Argh, I don't know what they're going to do. It's just so fucked up. I need a dessert refill or maybe a kiss?"

"I think we should start with water, I don't want your parents to think that I got you drunk at mine, don't you?" I play it cool and quickly grab two bottled water and give her one.

"Ugh, honestly, I don't even want to think about them. But you said that they might be doing this to protect me. And I think you might be right, they have always been those helicopter parents when I was growing up." She snuggles into my chest, when I wrap my arm around her shoulder, pulling her close. She fits perfectly as I inhale her fruity-scented hair.

I was lost in my thoughts, feeling comfortable with Gemma beside me. I never thought I be excited to be someone's boyfriend. But here I am smiling, feeling the lightness under my chest. Damn, since when do I have this funny inkling about someone. Hmm...maybe I am getting older. Maybe because I haven't been in a serious relationship in so long. Well, the truth is I haven't had any serious relationship unless it was that three-month high school relationship where I was focusing on losing my virginity rather than getting the girl.

Maybe I should cherish this one.

"You can just drop me off, and pick me up in a couple of hours?" Gemma sighs the moment I park my car in her parents' driveway. The house is beautiful. A lovely two-story home in a quaint neighborhood with a front yard and a very nice porch to accentuate the house.

I decided to use my car since she was drinking just hours ago, and now she was wiggling her way out of bringing me in to meet her parents. It's way too cute and I just need to tease her about it.

"Come on, it's my first time meeting the parents. I want to see what the fuss is all about." Her eyes are wide before she squints focusing on my facial expression until I laugh.

"Okay, chill, my beautiful girlfriend. Everything is going to be okay. I'll whisk you out of your family home once you feel uncomfortable. Just give me the sign. Let's see...how about, winking? Or you can rub your nose, you know like in those old western movies? Oh, I know! You can touch your ear, left is for bugging out to some kind of emergency, right is for politely making an excuse for uh...work stuff?" When she rolls her eyes I let out another laugh.

"Stop teasing me. I get it. You're coming for dinner."

"Well, not in your parents' house. At least not when they're under the same roof." I wiggle my brows at the innuendo.

"Ugh, such a pervert. Let's just...let's go,"

"If you say so,"