29

Day 4

Day 4

The second of the thousand, gifted the heavens with the Ten Brothers. While a travesty and blight upon the Queen Mother's plan, this was a miracle in and of itself. The Four Kings and The Four Beasts of Heaven had somehow brought our kismet one step closer.

(Disclaimer: *contains depictions of violence, rape and abuse of a pregnant woman and the almost murder of an unborn child, which are considered objectionable or offensive by some readers, or may trigger a past traumatic memor(y/ies) or experience(s) that may cause a relapse due to the content)

Day 5

But now, my child, this is where you come in. For you see, the third of the thousand, is your story.

She closes her eyes. Had known from the moment the Goddess began talking that she was involved, somehow. Intuition. Her gut had cramped just listening to the stories. She doesn't want to know about hers. She's had enough dealing with the present, she doesn't need any more fodder to deal with the past too. To know that her destiny was already written out, bleeding rotten that it was. That everything that had taken place, had been predestined.

She detests the fact that she's just a piece in the game of Go. An unnamed black stone or white stone in a complicated strategic sport to bring about a desired outcome. She doesn't want to know her story, but it's hers to know and if not her, then whom? But it feels like being in the middle of an accident, where you want to turn your face away to not see the horrifying incident, yet unable to. She's going to be wrecked but she can't help herself.

The tea has long grown cold. She stands and walks out of the pavilion, leaving the Goddess in Her seat. Stands beneath the tree, the gentle waft against her, all around her, as she looks out onto the lake of stars. She wants to put as much distance as possible between herself and the Goddess, although knowing how futile it is, so she heaves a sigh and sits under the tree instead. Says, "Please, continue," when she rather not. Then bows her head, waiting for the impact she knows will bowl her over.

There is sorrow in the Goddess' eyes. Regret because She is the one causing the grief, yet unable to hold back due to the fact that the situation requires it so. Therefore, She plods on, picking up the thread and continuing to weave -

"I too had yearned for a child of Mine own. I had seen the Queen when She had fashioned Her child, how the Guardian of the South had released His essence into His seed, how the Queen had planted Her into the womb of the earth. How They had both brought that child up, teaching her in the ways of Heaven, lovingly tutoring and coaching her in the knowledge and signs of the secrets of the Universe. She was deeply loved by Them and by Heaven, and We were all smitten with her, looking down from above with much affection and favour.

We had partaken in the lives of the ten brothers when the Mother of the Stars, the Kings and their Beasts had formed them, and spoken into them Their powers, pouring out Their gifts and blessings, bringing them who were lonely - lost, abandoned, alone - into their chosen families, naming their Twin-Spirits, releasing power and purpose, propelling them into their highest destinies. We of Heaven had decreed over them, endowing them with a drop of Our divinity, allowing them access to Our singularly unique powers and prowess.