Threats and services

]I was nervous about what happened not so long ago. Okay, calm down. I have no reason to be worried, because they don't know where I live. All that happened yesterday. It's not  like me to be paranoid, but this was scary.

The Saturday sun was beaming in through my many windows. Mostly my clear sliding doors. I was rolling out of bed, when I hit my head on the arms of my couch/bed.

"Ouch" I whispered to myself, as I rubbed my throbbing forehead. I got out of bed and stretched. Everything seemed perfect to me. This day, I meant. Today, was the day I get to see the Quinceañera dresses. Three months until my big day. Excitement quickly filled me up as I imagined how it will go. Hopefully, it turns out to be the best day of my life. I will have my waltz dance with my escorts, surprise dance, and enjoy the rest of my night partying.

"Hija, ya esta el desayuno! [Breakfast is ready]" I happily strode out my room, down the stairs, and finally into the kitchen, where the aroma of bacon and eggs roamed the air. My mom was at the table, already eating. I sat in the chair next to her, and started eating. "Estas Lista? [Are you ready]" I nodded happily. She smiled at me, something showing her eyes. Was it joy? Sadness? Realization? Who knows. But, they glowed with something she felt deep down, her beautiful brown eyes. They watched me eat, that same smile still on her face.

"Que paso? [What happened]"

"Nada, porque? [Nothing, why]" I shrugged. She went back to eating, while I jut stared down at my food. I put down my fork, and rested my hands on my lap.

"Ma?" She looked at me. I struggled to find the right words to say. "Has hablado con papa? [Have you talked to dad]"

"No, todavia no [No, not yet]" she replied softly. I looked away from her.

"Cres que va regresar en tiempo? [Do you think he'll be back in time]"

"Ay, no se, hija [I don't know, daughter]" I forced a small smile, rarely noticeable.

"Puedo ir al la tienda? [Can I go to the store]" My mother nodded weakly, and I excused myself from the table. There was no telling if my dad would be here by my big day. And the thought of that, made it a not so perfect. I walked up to my room, searching around for my wallet. Can't remember where I left it. Frustrated, I grabbed the money i had on my desk, stuffed it in my pocket, and walked out my room.

My mom was no longer in the kitchen. So, I let myself out through the back, and jumped my fence. There was a dirt road, leading to a main road, where all the stores were located at. I made my way to a corner store, planing on getting a bar of chocolate or something. Maybe, I can get my mom something, too.

The morning seemed rather different than when I woke up. Dark clouds were starting to cover the bright blue sky. Looks like it's going to rain. I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my shorts, and continued walking.

There was a slight breeze blowing through my natural curly hair. I flipped it out of my way, then heard a whistle. Kind of like the kind to call a dog or something. It's probably some dog lover calling out to a stray. I ignored it, and continued walking. When I heard someone call out to me.

"Hey, you!" I turned around, only to see him checking me out. "Damn, why don't you get your little fine ass over here." I frowned.

"Take a hike" I replied, and began walking away. I could hear footsteps following me, along with more.  Suddenly, the same guy sgot in my way, making me stop. But now, he's not alone. There were four other guys with him.

"What's wrong, Chica?" I rolled my eyes.

"Leave me alone" I demanded. He smirked at me, and took a step closer.