The Cholos

I was left alone, with the gangsters standing not to far from me. My breath was getting caught in my throat. They were a bit too far from me, so I wasn't able to see their features. But, by the way they dressed, I knew they were the Cholos.

"Who are you?" I winced at the sound of his harsh voice. Maybe I wasn't thinking, or his voice just scared me so much, but I dropped to my knees. Tears were streaming down my face and my whole body shook with fear.

"Please don't hurt me!" I pleaded. Even though I wasn't looking at them, I knew they were staring my way. Out of nowhere, they burst into laughter.

"Aye dog, did you see her face?!" A guy laughed.

"Shut up fool, I can't see anything when it's this dark" another complained. I looked at them, getting confused at how they were acting. They walked towards me, and as they got closer, I was able to see how they looked. One word. HOT. I fugred they would have at least one tatoo, but no. They didn't.

"What are you doing on the floor, chica?"

"Uh..." I stood up and dusted off my knees and shorts, while I tried controlling my quivering breath. All the guys were a few inches taller. The one standing right in front of me, looking down at me. "You're pretty short, aren't ya?" I weakly nodded. "Can you talk? Or are you deaf?"

"How can she be deaf is she can hear you, dog?" another asked.

"If she can't speak, then isn't she deaf?" The other three guys shook their head. "Oh really? Then what is it?"

"It's a disease when a preson is not able to hear, therefore not being able to talk" I stated. All the guys turned to me, and I felt nervous and scared at the same time. But, how can they be calm when they just shot a guy?

"Psht, I knew that" the first guy said.

"Yea right" another responded. "Must suck to have this little girl be smarter than you." I didn't say anything about that.

"Hey, she don't look that little, well, not in age. How old are you?"

"14, almost 15" I replied nervously. Truth be told, I barely talk to guys, and these are really attractive, so I got even more nervous. In some way, they were actually making me calm down, without even trying.

"See, what'd I tell you" the guys said to his friend.

"Shut up, dog" his friend said, then turned to me. "What's your name, I don't think you told us yet."

"I'm Diana" I replied.

"Oh, so you're hispanic?"

"Full Mexican" I stated.

"Chale, you hear that holmes?" he said, lightly hitting his friend in the stomach.

"Yea, so you're a little vata" his friend said. I shrugged.

"I don't know" I responded.

"Hey Ese, maybe we can walk her home, just so our chica won't get into trouble" one guy suggested.

"Yea, I guess we should" the other guy, I'm guessing is Ese, agreed. "What do you think, Diana?" Again, I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"We'll do it anyways" one guys said. "I'm Enrique, but call me Luis." I nodded.

"My name's Jose, but call me Tramposo" he said. I smiled at that. Wonder how he got that nick name.

"I'm Alejandro, but people call me el Joker or Ale" another spoke up.

"And last, but certainly the best, Miguel, but they call me Ese" the last guy spoke up. I already knew his name, but didn't say anything.

"It's very nice to meet you" I softly said.