Chapter one

Anxelin shifted impatiently in her seat tapping her foot under the table, as she anxiously cannot wait for the bell to off so that she could leave this godforsaken class called Grammar.

'Seriously, who came up with this Grammar class?' Anxelin thought.

She glanced around at the other students in her class whom she was unfamiliar with, except for Elle, the daughter of Ariel and Eric, who was seated at the front in the second row (Anxelin sat in the middle of the 3rd row). The girl had already her nose in a different book, assuming that she was finished with the class work that was given to the class.

Anxelin didn't think much about Ariel's daughter other than she was a complete nerd as she tore her hazel eyes away from Elle and focused back her attention on the work that was in front of her. The class was given an activity after the lecture; 'write what you did over the summer, but make sure it was grammatically correct.'

The goth scoffed. For Anxelin, Grammar was the worst class she had ever been to, and certainly other students thought the same but they were afraid to say it out loud.

Anxelin sighed as she tilted her head to the left side and put her hand on her cheek, and her elbow on the desk. Thankfully, Anxelin had finished her work and reviewed it.

Unfortunately for the goth, her summer was not great. Over this past summer, Anxelin needed to go to summer school after she unfairly failed her Physics exam in late May, and she was pleading to her parents that she didn't want to go because she had studied hard for the Physics exam and didn't waste any time, but Rapunzel and Eugene insisted that she must go or else she would repeat her previous grade. Eventually, Anxelin reluctantly gave in and went to summer school for 3 weeks. The girl studied every day and night only to receive a D on the Physics exam result on her report card.

Great.

But deep down, Anxelin knew that she had passed her exam. Hopefully one day, she would come down to the bottom of this.

At the same time, it would be impossible for Anxelin to complain to her Physics teacher, Mr. Meyers, about this issue because one: he was not fond of the goth, two: whenever Anxelin was alone in the classroom with the teacher (he asked her to stay back after the class was over), she felt very uncomfortable around him as if he was staring into her soul. Not to mention Mr. Meyers gave Anxelin the creeps.

Anxelin was unsure of how much time had passed, so she pushed her left hand into her left pants pocket (Anxelin was the only girl in Auradon Prep that wears pants) and carefully took out her phone so that no would see her taking out her phone during class time. She forgot to wear her watch because she was in a rush and was late for her class.

Unfortunately for the girl, she was being watched.

A boy, a son of a faraway noble, was seated behind Anxelin when he saw her discreetly taking out her phone. He smirked slightly as he called the teacher to get her attention.

"Ms. Jones?" the boy called.

As the Grammar teacher heard her name, Ms. Jones looked up from work that was laid on her desk and fixed her gaze on the boy.

"Yes, Jason? What is the issue?" Ms. Jones asked.

"Anxelin was using her phone," Jason replied, a hint of mischievousness in his voice as he smirked.

Anxelin froze. How did this boy know that she was using her phone? And even if she was using her phone, she was only checking the time on her phone and putting it back in her pants pocket! It was never intentional for Anxelin to use her phone, as she knew very well that using phones during class hours was strictly forbidden, and if anyone was seen using it, even if it was for something so minuscule as checking the time, it would be taken away.