nine

It's Monday. Tomorrow would mark one week since Joshua first met Jeonghan. Joshua hadn't forgotten about the bet he made with Seungcheol.

He had also been keeping tabs on Jeonghan, checking his posts every day. He found himself questioning his own sexuality.

"Come on, bro. You're gay, you already know it." Seungcheol said as he made coffee for Joshua.

"I've already told you I'm not sure yet. It's been on my mind lately." the younger friend zoned out.

"Come on, don't tell me you still like girls. You haven't had a crush on one for months!" the older friend gave the younger a weird look as he handed him the coffee he made. Of course, it wasn't as good as Jeonghan's.

"True, though" Joshua said, lost in thought.

***

Meanwhile, at Jeonghan's house, everything was weird. His mom was trying desperately to convince Jeonghan to quit his job, which made her quite unpleasant to be around.

She also had a boyfriend, and he was far from polite. If she were to marry him, the children would have to endure a lot.

But it was even more challenging for Seungkwan. His mom was almost ready to force him into studying medicine, even though he was terrified of seeing blood.

So, things weren't all rainbows and hearts.

***

"Seungcheol! Remember the bet we made about whether I'm really in love with Jeonghan or not? I have the answer!" Joshua barged into the bathroom where Seungcheol was showering. Don't worry, there were curtains.

"Okay, but why are you coming in here right when I'm showering?!" The older said in an questioning tone.

"Because after your lovely shower, you need to get dressed. We're going to that café."

"Not today, please. I'm so tired, and I'm not in the mood." he groaned.

"You promised me. So you have to go."

"Fine. Just shut up and let me shower." Seungcheol rolled his eyes.

"I want to see your abs! You never had the chance to show them. You also work out a lot!" Joshua glanced at the curtain.

"What the actual heck? Leave me alone already! Can't I have some privacy?!"

"Fine. I'll wait for you outside. Don't forget to dress up!" Joshua said.

"It's not like I'm going to go outside naked, Josh!"

"Shut up."

After a long 20 minutes, Seungcheol finally finished his shower.

"Are you dense? The café closes in 30 minutes! We need to hurry!" Joshua was really annoyed with Seungcheol.

"Okay, chill! Just tell me how to act in there."

***

Inside the café, Jeonghan was dancing to a song called "Fast Pace." It was one of his favorites, thanks to his brother introducing him to the K-pop group Seventeen and this wonderful song.

After a week of work, he knew that his coffee shop was struggling. He was just unlucky, that's all. At least he had customers!

When the song ended, he reached for his phone to play another one. But to his surprise, he heard two people entering the café.

He looked up. His jaw dropped twice, and his eyes widened. He almost dropped his phone.

Three questions raced through his mind:

"Why is Joshua here again?"

"Why is my ex-boyfriend here?"

"Why are both of them coming here at the same time?"

Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan, his jaw dropping too. He was equally shocked.

"Joshua..." he whispered. "Is he... the boy?" He looked at Jeonghan, then back at Seungcheol.

"Yes, why?" Jeonghan asked.

"I have something to tell you." Seungcheol began, but he was interrupted by Joshua, who was busy chatting with the barista. "Two black coffees, please! You know that I like them!" he smiled.

Jeonghan was stunned. He couldn't believe his eyes. What were the chances of running into his ex-boyfriend, and not just any ex but Choi Seungcheol?

"Sure." the barista replied, giving them both fake smile.

"Let's sit down and act normal. I don't want to blow our cover." Joshua whispered the last part.

***