thirty-eight

"Joshua! I thought you hated me... with what occasion are you inviting me here right before the Eve?" Jeonghan tried to hide his excitement. Like he wasn't ready to confess.

"There's nothing much. Don't expect me to confess to you again. I don't want to."

Hm?! Why is he saying this? Does Joshua like Jeonghan? Why is he talking about confession?

No. Don't confess now. Wait a bit longer.

"So what's the reason?..." Jeonghan looked at the box the younger boy had in his hand.

"You can see it. Why are you still asking me? I bought you a gift for Christmas. You're the only person I literally bought a gift for this year." He handed the box to the older.

"Oh my! How am I the only one? I thought you hated me!" Jeonghan widened his eyes after hearing these words.

"I heard you have no money, and you didn't get any gifts this Christmas. So I bought you something so you wouldn't feel sad. Open it."

"Sure!"

The older boy literally showed a natural smile without wanting to. Joshua saw that, and the only thought in his mind was "don't trust him" said by Seungcheol.

He opened the box. He almost screamed.

"Oh my god?! How did you know these are my dream shoes?! They are so pretty! Even my number! How did you know my shoe size number? I love you, Joshua!" He hugged the other boy.

"Get out. We're not friends. Remember?"

"Ah... yea..." Jeonghan almost forgot. "I love them so much! I wish I had money to buy you something too... Sometimes I hate the fact all my work money goes to my dad."

"Why would you buy me gifts? You should buy one for your friends and your brother. Forget about m-"

"I can't forget you, Joshua."

What? This was something new to Joshua! What is happening with this mood change? With their relationship!

"What?" He frowned.

"Listen..." He got closer. Oh no no no. Joshua already knew what is gonna happen.

Then Jeonghan started to speak.

"Joshua. I never hated you. I always adored you. I always loved you. But I just didn't know that. The moments I spent with you were the happiest of my life. I'm not lying." A tear started to drop from his eyes. "Do you even know what I felt after I rejected you? You have no idea! You never gave me the chance to explain anything. Let me explain it once. Just for now. Please."

"I don't want to hear it."

"What?" The older got confused.

"You heard me. I don't like you back. I know you are doing this just to manipulate me and to stay away from your family. Do you think I am dumb? I knew it from the start you aren't someone who I can trust." Joshua's voice got aggressive, like he was mad. But why? Why is he mad?

"Why are you wearing my sweatshirt then? The one I told you is the most important to me! Why? Do you think I am a toy you can play with?"

"Oh- I am wearing it? I don't want it then."

Joshua took off his sweatshirt and gave it to Jeonghan.

"I forgot it even was yours. Now go. I don't like you back, and this will be the last time we will ever meet."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I am very sure of this. I will block your number, and I am praying to God Hansol will never mention your name again. I want to forget about you. You destroyed my whole life, and because of you, my mental health got worse."

"Okay then." Another tear dropped from his eyes. "But before you go, understand me and let me do something."

He leaned closer and kissed Joshua. He missed it. He waited 6 months for this moment. This will be the last time they will meet. They got so many memories together. All of them will erase soon.

Joshua kissed him back, putting his hands on the older's waist. Why is he doing that? This happened with Jeonghan too... a long time ago.

Their lips met in a gentle way, both of them getting butterflies in their stomach. Jeonghan's hand reached Joshua's cheek, his fingers trembling.

Joshua's lips were warm and sweet, Jeonghan liked that. Their kiss deepened slowly, they almost forgot this was their last moment together.

This bittersweet kiss maybe was the best one both of them experienced in their life. The world was starting to fade away, the moment where Jeonghan couldn't breathe anymore, and broke the kiss.

"I was happy to meet you, Joshua. Hope you will find someone better than me, who doesn't complicate your life like I did. Thank you for every moment we spent. Goodbye!" Jeonghan smiled while crying.

He made a step back and cried even louder. But couldn't help it.

Joshua let out a tear too. Seeing a person he was obsessed with going isn't something good.

"Goodbye." Joshua said before crying.

Jeonghan didn't want to make the younger boy cry, so he started to run away. Far away. He had no destination in his mind. Just ran.

Who knows if he will wake up the next day.

***