Chapter 7

Chapter 7 of "Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl―A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship," titled "You Are the Prize," focuses on helping women recognize and embrace their own value and self-worth in the context of dating and relationships. Sherry Argov emphasizes the importance of viewing oneself as a valuable and sought-after prize, which can lead to healthier relationships and a more fulfilling romantic life.

Argov begins the chapter by highlighting the common tendency for women to place too much emphasis on winning a man's affection and approval. She suggests that this mindset can lead to feelings of inadequacy and desperation, ultimately sabotaging one's self-esteem and relationship dynamics.

The central theme of the chapter revolves around the concept that a confident and self-assured woman is inherently a prize in the dating world. Argov provides guidance on how to adopt this perspective:

Self-Validation: The author encourages women to seek validation from within rather than relying solely on external sources, such as a man's attention or approval. By recognizing and celebrating one's own worth, a woman can maintain a healthy sense of self-esteem.

Confidence and Magnetism: Argov discusses how confidence and self-assurance are magnetic qualities that naturally attract others. When a woman believes she is a prize, she exudes a certain allure that captivates and intrigues potential partners.

Setting Standards: The chapter emphasizes the importance of setting and maintaining high standards for how one deserves to be treated in a relationship. Argov suggests that a woman who values herself as a prize is less likely to tolerate mistreatment or settle for less than she deserves.

Avoiding Emotional Dependence: The author warns against becoming emotionally dependent on a man for one's happiness or self-worth. She encourages women to maintain their independence and continue pursuing their own interests and goals.

Balancing Giving and Receiving: Argov discusses the balance between giving and receiving in a relationship. She explains that a woman who sees herself as a prize is comfortable with both giving and receiving, creating a healthy and harmonious dynamic.

Throughout the chapter, Argov provides practical advice, real-life examples, and relatable anecdotes to illustrate the principles she presents. She emphasizes that by recognizing their own value and embracing their status as a prize, women can create a more empowered and satisfying approach to dating and relationships.

In summary, Chapter 7 of "Why Men Love Bitches" encourages women to shift their mindset and recognize their own worth as a valuable prize. By cultivating self-confidence, setting standards, and avoiding emotional dependence, women can create a foundation for healthier and more fulfilling relationships. The chapter serves as a guide for women to prioritize their own well-being and establish a strong sense of self-esteem in the dating world.