Chapter 4

With my silk morning robe wrapped around me and a mug with coffee in my hand I stand on the balcony attached to the master bedroom. Taking a sip from the brown liquid, I enjoy the easiness and tranquility of the morning hours of the day.

"I am going to leave for classes. You don't need to wait up for me tonight," Luke says, and I feel him wrapping his arms around my middle. I turn my head to the side to kiss him goodbye, but he wrinkles his nose in disgust.

"Sorry Cece, but morning breath," he tells me and then lets go of me. Without another word he leaves the room, and I can hear a door falling loudly into its lock in the distance.

He came back from his trip in the middle of the night and when I woke up and asked him how it was, he just told me that he was too tired and needed to sleep. Somehow it feels as if the weekend drove us further apart than ever before.

Sighing I turn back to watch the lake and notice a tall figure slowing his pace down on the path separating my property from the shore of the lake. When he turns his head and sees me standing on the balcony, he raises a hand and waves at me. Guessing by looks of the dog, it's probably Henry. I wave back and then turn around to get ready for the day ahead of me.

When I get out of the bathroom, I can hear my phone ringing. Quickly I look at the screen and accept the call.

"Good morning, Zoey," I greet my agent and I can hear the sounds of cars passing by in the background.

"Good morning to you too, Char. Maya from Netflix called me checking in if you had time to look over their choices for the cast," she tells me and then I can hear her curse loudly. I need to put the phone a bit away from my ear or else I would have feared to get a tinnitus.

"Actually, I had, and I wanted to call them today. I guess I will do that as soon as we end our call."

"Perfect. Were you able to make some progress on your new series?" Closing my eyes because I feared this question, I take a deep breath.

"No, I think I need to put it aside for a bit and then look at it again. I'm currently to invested in it and maybe some distance will give me clarity."

"But don't take too long. You have a deadline which is in four months. Until that the first book needs to be finished and a draft for the second one should be available as well."

"Zoey, I know. The more I hear about it, the more I don't want to think about it. Four months is enough time for me to do that. Don't worry and give me my space," I let her know in a stern voice.

"Whatever works for you, works for me," she says and then we end our conversation.

Sighing I put my phone down and rub my face with the palms of my hands. This is a clusterfuck. A total nightmare. Four months is enough time to write a completely new book. But I don't want a new idea. I want this one finished, before I start a new one.

Growling I take my phone again and call Maya from Netflix. It doesn't take her long to pick up.

"Charlotte, I just talked with Zoey about you," she tells me, and I roll my eyes.

"I know. I wanted to let you know that I think that the actors you want will be perfect for the movie."

"I'm glad you are saying that. Finally, I can start with the next preparations. I already have your schedule and most of the cast gave me theirs when they applied. If everything works out as I want it to, then we might start shooting in three months, but don't quote me on that," Maya laughs.

"That sound great. I guess, I will be able to come to set everyday then." Even though I am excited about it, the thought of it is nerve wracking, especially now that I have given them my blessing for the cast.