Chapter 10

Three months have gone by since that night happened. When I woke up the next day, a bottle of water and pain meds were on my bedside table. Henry offered to talk about what happened again, but I told him, that I would need to work on it on my own. Reluctantly he accepted my decision, but told me, he would have a sympathetic ear if I needed to.

In the past three months a lot has happened. While I started to grieve and heal with the help of a psychologist, Henry moved back to London to be close with his family and friends. We have stayed in touch through texts and phone calls. We even managed to throw in an occasionally call via FaceTime. On bad days he was more than happy to cheer me up with a funny picture of Kal. Henry has become a very close friend, if not even my best friend.

I started and finished renovating and redecorating my whole house, because everything reminded me of my relationship with Luke. It was an important step in my healing process and while I had the contractors at my house, Henry offered me to stay at his, which I accepted hesitantly.

Heather came to visit me twice and she was excited when I told her that I am Rae Dawn and that I am taking the step of telling the world who is behind this pseudonym. She took my portrait for my new book which will be in the bookstore within the next week.

I was able to figure out what key element was missing in my new book and my publishers were excited about the changes. I felt so inspired that I even finished the second book within the deadline of the first and my editor was thankfully quick enough that I was able to let a hardcopy be printed. I have both books in my handbag which I am planning to give Henry as a belated birthday present.

The runs in the morning have become a ritual and I am now able to round the whole lake without stopping. I am already in the process of deciding if I want to improve myself in running longer distances and add another round, or to quicken my pace.

I can feel the plane that I am currently sitting in descending and look out of the window to my right. We are approaching London and I can't wait to explore this country as I have never been outside the US before. I'm also looking forward to seeing Henry again and catch up with him in person. Maybe he has met someone in the meantime? I would be very happy for him.

After landing, getting through customs, I get picked up and driven to my hotel, where I am going to stay for the next few days to settle in this time zone and explore London on my own, before travelling north of London to the Lake District where parts of the movie will be filmed.

At the hotel I get changed into my running cloths to run through the park that is located on the opposite side of it. I wouldn't want my daily streak to come to an end just because of a flight. Afterwards I take a quick shower in my room, and then I head out to explore the city. I take a picture of the first red phone box that I can find and post it in my social media platforms telling my fans that I have arrived in the UK, and I am excited that filming will start soon.

It doesn't take long for my phone to vibrate, and I see a text from Henry.

You are already in London? Do you need a guide?

Thanks, but I think I want to explore this city on my own for now. I write back and immediately the three dots on the bottom of the screen appear.

What are your plans for tonight?

Actually, I don't have any yet. I would be more than happy to meet, if you want to.

I wouldn't have asked, if I wouldn't have time. :P

Then count me in.

Anything you fancy?

A pub, I think.

You think? You don't sound so sure about that.

I don't know what's good around here, that's all. My agent has warned me that you Brits have a very different culture and taste when it comes to food. But fish and chips are supposed to be good.