Chapter 5

TW: Cheesy words in cheesy lines, heavy discussions, and lots and lots of Trauma!

There were moments in her life when Amelia felt like she had been the reason for everything that had gone wrong. They were like falling stars, comets that had collided with each other, and sprinkled the atmosphere with their debris, taking more celestial bodies with them.

Zayto and Aiyon's lives, Izzy and Fern's lives, Ollie and his mom's lives, they were all affected, to varying degrees, by what she had done with, and to Javi.

...

Amelia's breathing was slow, her head resting gently against his chest, when Javi opened his eyes the next morning. Or maybe it was the same night, because he couldn't see any lights through his tiny windows. Javi's mind ran into overdrive, and he got up just a little, so as to not disturb the girl sleeping next to him, and looked around the room, heart racing, as he realized the two of them were still alone, and undisturbed. There seemed to be no sounds, the world was quiet as it could be, only Amelia's shallow breathing to be heard. His clothes were lying haphazardly on the floor, while he had made sure to drop her armor on Aiyon's bed, just as messily, so they wouldn't make the loud clanking sound of metal against metal.

After recceing that everything was okay, Javi turned to lie back down on the bed, and wrapped an arm around Amelia. She looked so peaceful when she slept... and harmless. No one could look at the little sleeping girl and say for one that she had murdered people with knives, or that she had sneaked into the scariest place on earth, just to spend a night with him... or just how feisty she had been that night.

Javi smiled to himself, Amelia was quite a girl, and he'd admitted to her that he loved her— and he really did. He closed his eyes, and lay there, lost in his dream world, for just a few more minutes before he could wake her.

He didn't expect to fall asleep again, and wake up to Amelia nibbling at his neck a few minutes later.

"Good morning" she said, cheekily, her eyes squinting when she smiled.

"Good morning?" his own flew wide open, "oh God you're up— HOW LONG WERE WE OUT?!— quick, dress up and get out"

"What?" he saw a frown form on her face, "you're kicking me out?"

"In case you don't remember we're in the dark fortress and I just checked the time Aiyon's due back any second!" Javi was freaking out, and he sat up, and Amelia was flung off of him, "Ouuch" she groaned.

"Sorry" he rubbed the nape of his neck, turning redder in embarrassment.

"Can't we just. Lie down for five minutes? Talk about all the cheesy little things we usually do talk about?" she asked, making a face at him.

"No time. I'm meeting you later today too, remember? I'd rather like to spend some time with my girlfriend outside of a place where she could die any second. Please!" he said, getting out, and quickly pulling his pyjamas back on, "Amelia this place is hella dangerous and—" he couldn't complete his sentence, as she pulled him towards herself, in the bunk bed, not getting out, and kissed him full on the lips.

"You're such an idiot, Javi" she smirked, and then, shaking her head, she got out of bed, "now help me get into this godforsaken armor"

"Yes ma'am" he was blushing now, "I'd really love to spend more time with you, Amelia, but we can't do that if you don't escape the castle" he added, a little sadly.

"It's your day off, why don't you come with me?"

"Missing breakfast around here is kiiinda a red flag for sentries. It either means you're dead, injured, captured or having an affair, and none of them end well"