Too Far Gone

"Here, take it." Gabriel passed a blood vial to Y/N. His rant about being unable to save the little girl made him ignore his current health. "Thanks, sorry I had to shout like that." Y/N apologized, taking the blood vial, and drinking it. It instantly healed all his injuries. "It's no worries, you must have cared so much about that little girl if you were going to go that far. Who was she either way?"
Gabriel asked. "Just someone I knew from a long time ago..."
Gabriel accepted the vague answer. "Oh well, I won't pry if you want to keep it a secret. Now come on." Gabriel extended his hand out of Y/N who was still sulking. "Were note yet done here." Y/N took the helping hand and stood up, following Gabriel and the rest of the hunters inside the Cathedral. They climbed a spiral staircase leading up to the Cathedral. Y/N and Gabriel met up with the other hunters all inside the Cathedral. The space wasn't that big, candles and jars filled with incense littered the place. "So, this is the Healing Church's headquarters? Where is everybody then?" One of the hunters asked with a puzzled look in his face. "Oh, I wouldn't worry about them if I were you!" A rather shrill and happy voice said. It didn't come from any of the hunters, but a creature slumped by the corner with long hands, it was covered in a red robe, its face looking mutilated and non-human. But it didn't seem harmful, it was helpful. The hunters asked the blob about what had happened throughout Yharnam. The creature told them that the White Church wouldn't be of any help, as they only continue their mission and slaughter anyone they come across, hunter or beasts. "Oh, one more thing, if by any chance you encounter anyone who needs help. Send them here. I'd highly appreciate it." The blob added. "You may know your way around Yharnam, but why should we trust you? For all we know you might try to stab us in the back while we're not looking." Y/N recognized that voice. It came from the hunter who died first, the one who informed him about Gehrman in the Hunter's Dream. Y/N finally had a good look of the boy. He had gray hair, green eyes, he was rather short compared to the other hunters. "Ok buddy, no need to be so defensive."
"Just admit that you died first because you're not cut out for this job."
The other two hunters teased the young boy. "Come on! Who knows what this creature would do? Why would we trust it just because it knows about Yharnam?" The boy retorts.
"What's your name, kid?" Gabriel stepped up.
"George."
"Alright George, tell you what." Gabriel grabbed George's shoulder. "You see that lantern right there?" Gabriel pointed at the purple lantern right next to one of the Cathedral's exits. "If you were stabbed in the back by that thing, you'd just pop right back from the lantern and have your revenge, it's no biggie." Gabriel said casually to the boy.
"You're just saying that cause none of you have died yet!"
"And who's fault is that? Look, if this thing wants to help people, let it be. It looks harmless, and I don't sense it trying to lie. Ain't that right, Y/N?" Gabriel asked the hero. "Does this guy look like he wants to kill anyone?"

"No, quite the opposite. It's sincere, truly wanting to help people."
"See that? The hero-obsessed kid says so, so I'll believe it. He's a bigger hero here than any of us. He knows what he's talking about. Now come on, let's talk about our next strategy moving forward." Gabriel let go of George and grouped up with the two hunters. Y/N approached the blob and kneeled before it. "I appreciate what you're trying to do. I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to save people in this town." Y/N complimented the thing.
"No worries, I'm glad that there is someone as passionate as I to help others." The two shake hands together, albeit Y/N had to keep his distance as the arms are way too long. "Yo Y/N, you coming?"
"I got you, I got you." Y/N responded and joined the group.

The group planned out their next plan. They split off into two groups. George joined with the two unnamed hunters, while Y/N and Gabriel are together. George's group wanted to investigate the Grand Cathedral and see what happened to the White Church, Y/N and Gabriel on the other hand descended after taking the first exit into Old Yharnam. Before entering old Yharnam, they had to kill Yharnamites who were too far gone, they entered the small church and met up with an odd-looking hunter. He was wearing blue robes than the typical black ones given to them. Y/N recognized who this hunter was, he was an executioner. Y/N knew this man was crazy and couldn't be trusted, a martyr who believed in suffering for the greater good, that was what an executioner was. Y/N didn't trust the guy one bit and continued to Old Yharnam. Gabriel notices this and decided to catch up with Y/N, questioning him along the way with the rude attitude he had. Y/N only responded by telling Gabriel that just because that executioner was another hunter, doesn't mean he could be trusted. "Why's that?" Gabriel asked Y/N as they descend the church's hidden staircase that leads to Old Yharnam. "You'll see." Y/N said. As they descended the staircase, Y/N saw an oddly placed corridor by the right side of the old passage. He entered it immediately and found pungent blood cocktails. These cocktails were different. They had a certain smell of blood that attracts beasts, it was a good lure. As Y/N returned to the basement like passage, they lit a purple lantern that leads to the Hunter's Dream, a massive door was blocking their way, before it laid a sign: