PROLOGUE

THE BLARING LIGHTS GLARED BACK at you as you stand on the winners stand. You smile, bringing your hand up and kissing the golden medal adorned on your neck.

The other top 2 stand besides you, waving towards the crowd and cameras, watching their every move.

The skating rink absolutely cold, prickling your skin as the crowd cheers and congratulates you. Your smile falters, standing there.

You would expect to feel something, anything. But the only thing you feel is desperation, why. Why don't you feel overjoyed, excited? Instead it's replaced by a devoid feeling. Like a black hole just sucking up every single bit of your soul.

And there only stood a hallow shell of nothingness, for there wasn't a soul anymore. A puppet for display and entertainment is all that was left.

As the crowds start to disperse, so does the skies light, an inky night taking place instead. The spotlight now gone.

----

"Good job at the World Figure Skating Championship, you were a good opponent!"

"You were so awesome Shizuki-Kun!"

"Shizuki [Name], how are you feeling after winning the golden medal at the championship!?"

snap

It wasn't good enough, you didn't try hard enough.

snap!

It didn't excite you as when—

"[Name]!"

A light smack hit both your cheeks, now cupped between your friend's hands.

"Ah.. sorry." You rasped out.

Chigiri gives you a disappointed look before it shifted to concern.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He questioned, his head tilting a bit to look at you.

"...yeah."

Chigiri glances at you one more time, sighing. He takes out an envelope from his pocket, presenting it to you.

"Oh?" You tilt your head.

"Look what I got."

-----

[ Honestly don't like the way this came out ( ´д`)...

Hope it's up to yalls standards, and doesn't come out trashy lmao.

-sheepish, out! ]