0.2: RECRUITING

[NAME] SLOWLY RAISED HIS hand and pointed a finger at himself.

"Me?"

"Who else."

Wow, rude. The only thing he could see was an egg talking and standing around like a homeless man.

No offense to actual homeless people..

...unless.

Shaking your head from such thoughts, your eyes narrow and analyze the man in front of you.

Atrocious eyebags, an unhealthy lanky body, a horrible bowl cut, and unerving black eyes.

Man must've had it rough.. jeez.

Lips pulling up to form a grimace, your eyebrows furrowed in pity.

"Tsk tsk, I feel bad for the parents that had you as their son. What an unsettling appearance you have. Absolutely disgusting, are you some sleep deprived teen- If so, I know a service line that can get you the help you nee-"

"I'm older than you." Cutting you off, he stares you down. A pinch of annoyance in his voices.

What. The. Fuck.

"Sorry, Grandpa." You bow, colored locks of your hair draping down to cover your face.

Smack—!

"Ow!?" Sputtering, you lift your head up in the speed of lighting. Clutching the growing bruise on the back of your scalp.

"What was that for you old man-!?" Scowling, you look back at the man, rubbing the now purplish patch of skin.

"Shut it. I am Jinpachi Ego, and I-"

"Who the hell names their kid Ego, like seriously. Man, your parents must've hated you!" Doubling down on laughter, you clutched your stomach as tears comically grouped up in the corners of your closed eyes.

Feeling something coming down towards you at max speed. Your eyes flew wide open as you took a step back just as quickly.

The man narrows his eyes as a warning before continuing where he left off.

"As I was saying. I am Jinpachi Ego, and I have come to seek you out for one sole reason."

"Hit me with it." You raise an eyebrow, impatience bubbling up in you.

"I need you.. to be a witness for my project."

"What pro-" Cutting you off, he dramatically spreads his arms to point at the dump of a facility.

"Project Blue Lock! The most Supreme training to improve the history of Japan's soccer and-!"

"Okay dude, I don't really care. Where am I supposed to come in?" You scoff, arms crossing as you tap your foot against the ground.

His eye twitched, smile straining. "I'm getting to that part."

"Then hurry it up."

He sighs, trying his best to recollect and compose himself. "I have seeked you out for you to witness history... and to advertise the project."

"What."

"Shut it! For people to think this isn't some silly failure of training, I need a legitimate Idol to adver-"

"No no, I said what because I genuinely can't believe some homeless guy like you is gonna train people for soccer when you look like.. that."

"Well-" get cut off bitch.

"Not to mention, you're supposedly training them in some shitty facility. My best friend is participating in this so I have no problem with advertising it, but if he has to train in such conditions I will-"

"Shut it, you twink." Your eye twitched, fists clenched as your knuckles turned white.

"This isn't the actual training facility. It's just a meet-up of sorts." Oh, thank gosh.

----

So, you agreed to advertise this stinkys project because why not.

Plus, Jinpachi said he would try to get an ice-skating rink installed so you don't miss your own training. Not only that, you get to see your beloved princess that you like to spoil. (/p) (/j)... (/hj)

In a platonic way, obviously. But still, you haven't had the best entertainment in a while.

Everyone was boring.

Watching as Jinpachi walked out from the backstage, you looked up to a monitor in the corner of the room as it displayed a camera footage in the crowded room full of soccer obsessed teenagers. Talking like that as if you aren't 17 as well..

The room around you blurred as the sound of ringing entered through your ears.

Within the world of soccer.. the creatures known as first-class strikers.
Will suddenly appear in place, where the game is hottest.

The voice of Jinpachi snapped you out if your trance as your vision refocuses on the screen.

Seems like hes making his speech already, huh?

Oh hey, there's chigiri-!

"Congratulations, you unpolished lumps of talent. According to my personal judgment, the three hundred of you are.. the best strikers under eighteen."

Wow, what a way to hype up their egoism.

Wait.

"My name is Jinpachi Ego. I was hired to give Japan a World Cup victory."

Gasps were heard throughout the room as you rested your cheek against the palm of your hand.

How bothersome.

----

Aughjsskks dies

- Sheepish, Out!