Regarding About Filipino

This is a language that is rather difficult to grasp and master. It is where it might throw you off the yacht if you have to. There are case markers, complex placements of affixes, separated groups of pronouns, etc., but it wouldn't necessarily kill you. It's not hard as Mandarin where you have to memorize characters and its tones and its grammar complexity.

What makes this easy is that often times, Filipino speakers usually add English words in their sentences simply for the fact that the Philippines was heavily influenced by the Americans. If you happened to be a native Spanish speaker, you may hear some familiar words simply for the fact that the Philippines was also heavily influenced by the Spanish. I'll give you a conversation:

Anong oras na Maria? - What time is it Maria?

Alas dos y medya na Julio - It's (already) two thirty Julio

If you happened to know how to tell time in Spanish, the second sentence is quite conspicuous. I'll give you another sentence:

Naku! Ang cute-cute naman ng pink bag! - Oh my! The pink bag is really cute!

Again, it's very conspicuous. You can already tell (or perhaps not).

This what makes Filipino fun! You can throw in some English words in your sentences after you master the basics! In fact, most Filipinos can speak English, so pretty much you're not stuck in traffic.

What about Spanish you might asked? Can they speak it? Actually, very few people speaks Spanish fluently in the Philippines. I have actually never seen one over there but after some research, they do have some. My father believed that he can speak Spanish although I don't believe him. In fact, I rarely ever heard of him talking it.