Chapter 19 | 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝒥𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓃𝑒𝓎

Zander awoke to a feeling of warmth against his face. His eyes squinted more, even as they were closed, light seeped through his eyelid, causing the well loved feeling of sleeping in pitch darkness to override his slumber. Zander sighed, opening his eyes ever so slightly, feeling the light enter them as they adjusted, gazing across the room. Zander noticed himself barely clothed; only an oversized plain black wool shirt over his chest and undergarments. Realization slipped into his mind as he remembered the previous night with his lover. His heart rate started to increase slightly as he turned around, seeing Luke face him now, still asleep in the world of dreams. Zander smiled, admiring his soft chestnut locks and beautiful features as he slept. He noticed his long ears, and how they slightly bobbled every deep breath he took, and everytime he would adjust his head slightly. Zander sat up a bit in the bed, stroking his lover's soft hair and kissing it every now and then.

After a good while, Luke opened his glowing honey gaze, cocking his head up to see his lover gently raking his fingers through his hair. Luke smiled, extending an arm to rest over Zander's small torso. Zander returned the affectionate gesture, moving his arm to gently take hold of Luke's, continuing to play with his hair. Luke rested his head on Zander's upper chest, still not quite fully awake.

"You're such a sleepy head, you know that?" Zander chortled, his voice still slightly dazed from recently having woken up. Luke grinned, nuzzling Zander with his nose.

"Mm...well I was never a royal prince...I never had to get up early to do stuff..." Luke groggily replied quietly, his eyes having closed again.

"Good excuse," Zander joked sarcastically, leaning his head against the mattress and pillows, allowing Luke to continue hugging him from the side. Luke didn't respond, instead he just continued to lazily rest his head on Zander. The latter removed his hand from Luke's hair and brought it down to his bare back, lovingly rubbing it in a massage. The two stayed in each other's hold for quite a while, perfectly content with their lives at the moment.

"Did...did you like it?...Like...with me?" Zander abruptly asked, feeling his cheeks heat up slightly. Luke opened his eyes at the question, looking out the window to the side of the room, watching snow delicately fall onto the ground around them. He smiled, sitting up and getting off of Zander to lay next to him.

"Of course I liked it, Zander...It was everything I've ever wanted and more..." Luke delicately replied as his golden eyes glimmered with adoration. Zander timidly looked away, a shy smile forming on his face.

"You're not just saying that?...Because...I hadn't um...ever done anything like that before," He muttered, biting his fingernail a bit. Luke gently took his hand away from his mouth and took it into his own careful grasp, keeping an affectionate gaze on his lover.

"Zander...last night might have just been the best thing that's ever happened to me...I don't want you thinking otherwise, because it's not true okay? And for the record, that was all new to me as well," He sentimentally gushed, a goofy grin finding its way on his face. Zander kept his gaze placed on Luke before he averted it slightly, as he smiled back, letting out a breathy chuckle.

"Well um...are you hungry? I have some food downstairs," Zander asked, directing the topic to something else.

"Yeah I am...I didn't eat much yesterday," Luke replied, feeling his stomach gurgle. Zander nodded, delicately stepping out of bed. Luke got up as well, looking through the discarded clothing on the floor to find something to cover himself with.

Zander looked away, slightly embarrassed, leaning against the doorframe as Luke changed. He could feel Luke's playful gaze on him, seemingly teasing him as he put some pants on. Luke approached him in a pair of shorts and a plain white woolen shirt, a smug plastered across his face.