North and Markus (+ Connor)

North wasn't someone who normally got emotionally attached to someone. She preferred colleagues over companions.

But there was one person all throughout Jericho that somehow made her swoon.

Markus Manfred.

Markus was everything that North wanted in an android. He was commanding, intelligent, charming, and attractive. He was willing to sacrifice himself and everything he had left in order to free their people. He was kind, loyal and loving. He could do no wrong in her eyes. Markus was what North craved in a partner, something she didn't always think would be achievable.

She could tell that Markus felt something too. She knew there had to be something when they fought alongside each other. There had to be something.

Unfortunately, any chance of that was starting to fade away as a new recruit came into Jericho.

His name was Connor. It was legally changed to Connor Anderson after the protest had concluded.

Connor was a detective android that was sent from Cyberlife to hunt down deviants. He was originally created to take down his own kind, but thanks to Markus' convincing, he made Connor go deviant at the last second. Unfortunately, when he deviated, the original Jericho got raided, and everyone had to flee to the backup location. In a state of guilt, and newfound loyalty to Markus, Connor ran to Cyberlife to grab thousands of androids, and freed them all.

At first, North was proud of Connor for seeing the better side of life, but that pride quickly faded as she heard the words between the two of them being exchanged.

"You did it, Markus."

"We did it, Connor."

Those words made North's artificial heart shatter, and it felt like it was turning into dust as he saw the two of them shake hands.

In North's eyes, Connor only came around at the very last minute. He wasn't there the entire time with the rest of Jericho. It made North twinge with jealousy.

It only got worse when he came back with them.

Now that Connor was at Jericho, all he did was hang around Markus, talk to Markus, work with Markus.

North couldn't spend any time with the heterochromatic android. She was getting furious with the RK-800, and she knew it was stupid.

It wasn't her fault, though. She just wanted to spend time with the only person who made her feel one of the most human emotions to ever exist.

Love.

She could feel as though she was in love with Markus, even if they hadn't spent much time together. With the little time North did spend with him, she was able to realize how good it felt to have someone that understood her and never doubted her intentions. Markus was the one android she trusted completely.

He was special to her, and she didn't want to lose him.

The amount of signs she's been trying to show has been unimaginable. She's tried flirting, repeatedly touching his arm when she laughed, speaking in romantic tones, even sitting close to him on the couch or on a chair when she had to talk to him.

And none of it ever worked.

It was okay, though. At least, North told herself it was. She had plenty of time to try to get Markus to return her feelings. She had nothing to worry about. Right?

Wrong.

Somehow, North has been noticing something off about the former deviant hunter. She's beginning to see him show the same signs that she's been trying to present.