Chapter 24| "daddy issues"

•Emery's POV•

•Emery's POV•

Taking the lid off with a pop I grab a short square glass to pour it into, I only fill it a quarter full so really not very much but this stuff is a bit stronger than the drinks I'm used to.

Taking a small sip the whiskey burns my throat harshly on its way down. Ugh, Why do people drink this?

I sit for a while staring out the windows at the city, occasionally stopping to take a small sip of the drink. I was so focused I didn't even hear Greyson open the door and come in till he walked in.

"Ah, I see you found it," He says nodding to the glass bottle in front of me. He looks like he just came back from the gym because his hair is damp, probably from the shower he always takes before coming back.

"Mhm," I hum bringing the glass to my lips. The sun just finished setting behind the sea of buildings.

"How much have you had?" He asks stealing the bottle and pouring some in his glass.

"Just this," I say holding up my almost empty glass, "Tastes awful," I comment.

"Takes getting used to I guess," He shrugs taking a sip, his face remaining as neutral as it would if he drank water. "Have you talked to your dad?" He asked I feel him beside me.

"No, I've been avoiding his calls," I say finally looking back at him, His eyes looked softer than they usually do.

"According to my dad he's happy with the success of the dinner," Greyson says.

"Good," I nod, as long as he's happy everything should be fine.

"Have you eaten already?" He asks pulling out his phone.

"Not yet," I mumble.

"Mcdonalds?" he asks looking up from his phone.

"No thanks," I say grabbing the bottle from in front of him and popping off the lid.

"I thought you said you didn't eat yet?" He says with his eyebrows slightly pinched together in confusion.

"Didn't," I shrug, "But right now it feels easier to get drunk and forget everything than remember and besides it's easier to get drunk when you have no food in your stomach," I add.

"So lemonade and a cheeseburger?" He says to himself clicking something on his phone.

He just doesn't give up, does he? Maybe the kiss didn't mean anything to him, he is the one who has casual one-night stands, so I guess he's better at forgetting and moving on from these things as I am. 

• • •

I'm officially drunk.

Not fully I don't think but I would say we're passed tipsy, well I am Greyson seems as sober as an actual rock.