Chapter Two

" Make anyone cry today?" Our Mother laughed as she saw Angel carrying me into our hut. 

" Made a guy die. Is that the same?" Angel asked as I say down on my makeshift mattress, putting my weapons beside it. 

" Any word on your Father?" 

" I didn't hear a peep. Sorry Mother." 

" He'll appear when he feels like it. Like he always does." 

With a kiss from Angel, Mom perked up a bit, her pale skin turning sun-kissed in an instant from Angel's aura. " Let me Mother. Rest up." 

" I got thi-"

" Wasn't asking. Go on." 

" You are not touching this until your clean. Which I will be done with this before you finish your soak." She said, stabbing her finger into his bare chest. 

" Maaah." Angel mimiced, his mouth morpging into a laughable shape as he turned to go back outside. 

" Don't crawl ito your cot until every smell is erased from your body!" Mom yelled as she got back to cooking. 

" I know!" Angel yelled back, his accent sleeping a bit. 

" Be a good boy and help him out, would you?" 

" Yeah, sure. Got nothing else to do." 

She kissed my head as I walked passed her, her light red hair turning into a crispy red from my aura. 

" I got this." Angel growled, sending the ax through the wood with the speed of lightning. 

" Wasn't goingt to actually help." I smiled, my brain giving off a buss of mental extacy. 

" Gather some more." 

" What's wrong?" 

He remained silent, the ax breaking from theforce he was using. 

" Come on." 

We continued on the wooden trail for a bit in silence. Angel breaking it with an exhail. " The mission I was instrusted to do involved guarding a newly astablished KIngdom as I was told. And in return, the Queen gae me her daughter as a mention of gratatude for building the city. Despite her skills, she didn't make it very long." 

 I didn't say anything, knowing it would set him off more. I did however make matter's worse for myself when the words " Let's spare" came out of my mouth. 

" No. You don't have a weapon." 

" It'll be usefull. I'm looking at the Shadow-Cluster ability next. Come on." 

" I said no." 

" Okay, pussy." 

Angel whipped around, his left hand grabbing me by my throat, slowly crushing it. 

He came to from his rage when I wimpered, dropping me like a bag of potatoes, walking away. 

I would have flipped shit, but I deserved it.  

I started wondering myself in the other direction, giving into the craving of letting myself in my own mind, my feeling's releasing themselves, letting my aura flex, it crashing into me after it bounced off of the barrier. 

" Mother..fuck..." 

The smell of my own blood filled the air as it pooled onto my shirt, my ears busted up so that that I couldn't ear anything, and vagely able to see. 

Angel's aura came darting through the air, moaning from the feel of it. 

He gently lifted me up, running me back home. 

Mom's aura engolfed me as soon as Angel laid me down, my hearing slightly coming back. 

" Move your arms and legs baby." Mom whispered as hushly as she could as a warm feeling skattered around my body. 

A large tritch accured, making me scream out in pain. 

" Okay, okay, okay, Angel, your gonna have to hold him. I have to repair his nerves." 

" One. You can't exhaust yourself. You'll miscarry." 

" Okay, one. You have enough money for nerve blockers?" 

" Y-yeah." 

" Well figure something out. Okay, Breath in honey." 

My spine hummed then popped, Moms aura flooded through me, recovering all my nerves in my back and spine. 

" Damnit Ma, I said one." 

" I know what I can do. I'm okay." 

Angel transfered some energy over to her, making him sway over a bit, crashing into the wall. 

As Mom tended to Angel, my healing kickstarted itself, making me good as new in secounds. 

" Mom?" I asked, sitting up straight. 

" What the hell?! What! How are you able to move already?!" Mom shreiked, crawling over to me, her five month bump almost dragging on the floor. 

" I, I don't know." 

" You have to see the doctor. Your blood might have just mutated or something. They can use it for the next healing medicine." 

" Can I have a minute? I'm still woosie." 

" You have until Angel gets better. He'll go with you." 

I laid back down as Angel straightned himself out. Mom giving him sove tea spiked with the latest Recovery perk. 

" Easy. You'll be out for a bit." 

She kissed us both and went back to dinner, bringing s some broth to drink to calm our churning stomics. 

It was a good fifteen minutes before I was back to normal, along with Angel. 

After dinner we left for the Capital and to the lab, reporting what had happened. 

After hours of bloodwork and testing, I was allowed back home, taken off of my schdule and redused to home stay.