013

How do you expect me to still smile when every single inch of my skin is on fire?

Taehyung was sat on the Crimson Throne when Inhee and Jimin were thrown at his feet

Taehyung was sat on the Crimson Throne when Inhee and Jimin were thrown at his feet. They gained consciousness about a few minutes ago, and they still couldn't comprehend the situation they were in.

Broken bottles on the blood-red carpet, the dark halves of moons under Taehyung's eyes, and the look plastered on the guards's faces. The anticipation for a pin to drop. A shivering chilly breeze danced in the giant hall.

Taehyung sat there, all in his glory, one arm resting on the throne, the other under his chin. He ordered the guard to remove the cloth from Inhee's mouth.

"My princess, are you okay?" This was the first time she heard his deep voice laced with such concern, it echoed in the dimly lit hall like the beat of the drum. The tension was haunting. Jimin's shouts of protest, muffled by the cloth in his mouth, were like music in the distant background.

She choked on her words, the taste of fabric still lingering in her mouth. "How are you here?" perhaps, 'why' should have been the better question. Blame the burning sensation in her chest and her half-awaken mind for the poor choice of words.

"Didn't I promise you that I would be there for you?" An obvious question. His tone implied that she should have known this and that she should have trusted him some more.

"I," her eyes squinted, barely making sense of the situation. She was still on the ground, her palms resting on the carpet. From below, she noticed the same shine on his black boots as on the crown he was wearing. "Where is my uncle?"

Taehyung raised his brow, again judging her choice of question as if he had expected her to be more clever. "Is that concern I am hearing?" he stroked his chin, "probably taking part in the ongoing battle as the king of this land."

"Why do you have the crown on your head," she shook her head, "No, why are we here?"

"You ask a lot," a boxy grin made a cameo on his calm face, "let's not do this here."

He walked closer, pulling her on her feet by her hand. His warm body engulfed her in a tight embrace. "Tae-"

"Shh," he cradled her arms, "do you not trust me?"

A dizzy spell that his eyes were, a soothing siren's song was his voice, and a hopeful wish was the beating of her heart. She couldn't deny that she did trust him. Like all the people she's loved and trusted, she made him a part of her life she would never let go of.

"Let me take you somewhere," he did not wait for her answer, pulling her right behind him. Jimin grunted, struggling to get up. "Take him as well."

He helped Inhee get inside the royal carriage, Jimin was following right behind, arms held by guards.

"Are we going home? We can't Taehyung. I still have to find the antidote for my brother-" Inhee tried explaining,

"Everything's going to be okay now. Just trust me."