Chapter 12: Fighting a Midget

Yumie's P.O.V:

I kept looking at the boy, who seemed at least 5'4 tall, with indigo hair covering his ears and indigo eyes with bold red eyeliner. He was wearing a hat with a black veil separated into two, with ombré brown swirls near the bottom. He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt with a crest resembling the Electro symbol. Maybe he's from Inazuma. I just walked into the throne room with Captiano, and the Tsaritsa was there with some other Harbingers; I didn't see Childe or Signora. I guess they're trying to come back for this meeting. The first thing that got my attention was the boy. He kept glaring at me as if I was a bug.

"Welcome back, Yumie. Did you enjoy Liyue?"

I turned to face the Tsaritsa before bowing in front of her quickly as I heard her give a soft laugh. "Y-yes, Your Highness. I did enjoy it, mostly the flowers. I couldn't get you any, I'm afraid." I said before I heard someone walk towards me and lift my chin gently. I saw it was the Tsaritsa, who had a soft smile, and I felt my hair change. Oh no. Not again.

"My dear Yumie, you cared so much for flowers and wanted to give me some. May I ask why?" the Tsaritsa said before letting my snakes go around her arms. She smiled at them. She isn't afraid of them. I can understand that, but she's being so kind to them.

"I know it seems silly to you, Your Highness, but I thought you would love some in your home to bring in even the tiniest warmth. You deserve it, even if others do not think you do." I said, feeling the Tsaritsa gently let go of my chin and pet my snakes. Was that the wrong thing to say?

"I believe you are perfect to be my Harbinger. I will name you The Florist as your Title. You will get your agents, a mansion, and Territory. For now, you will live with Pantalone and train by Capitano. Do you understand me, my Florist?"

"Y-yes, Your Highness. I w-will do my best to please you." I said, feeling my snakes moving away, and The Tsaritsa returned to her throne before looking at Pierro and nodding. He went to me and beaconed me to stand up, which I did quickly. "Y-yes, lord Jester?"

"From now on, you can call me Pierro, and we will talk in my office. This meeting is over," he said before grabbing my arm and dragging me off to his office. This made me look back at Capintao, who gave me a nod, letting me know it was okay. Pierro kept walking, and I stumbled behind him.

He let go of my arm when we reached his office and looked out the window behind his desk. I looked around and noticed there were some artifacts on his desk. I walk over toward them and gently touch them. They look ancient but familiar. I hear Pierro chuckle at me, and I look at him. "S-sorry. I shouldn't touch anything on your desk."

"Don't be. I can understand you being curious. Do you know about the fall of khaenri'ah?"

"Oh.. no. I have been looking for the flower, however. I want to keep it safe from anyone's touch. Why do you ask Lord Pierro?" I said before he walked over to a bookshelf, pulled out a book, and gave it to me. I opened it, and It was in a language I couldn't read. I gently trace the page, and my snakes hiss softly. Pierro took the book from my hand and closed it. "Lord Pierro... is that a book about Khaenri'ah?"

"It's from Khaernri'ah, and only I can read it, Florist. The Tsaritsa wants me to give you a ceremony of becoming the 12th Harbinger. But I notice that you don't like people looking at you. Is it because of your Gorgon powers?"

I gulp and nod before rubbing my arm, and my snakes nuzzle my face. He looks at me and pats my head. He reminds me of a grandfather trying to teach his grandchild a new trick. I look at him, and he chuckles before putting the book back. "Um... will I have to wear a dress at the Ceremony? I'd rather wear a suit if anything."

"I see. We will have a small ceremony, and you will get a Delusion. You don't have to use it unless you have no other choice."

Shit. I have heard about Delusion, but I thought they were a rumor. I guess I was wrong. I grip my arm tightly, and my snakes nuzzle my hand gently. Pierro looked at me with a confused look.