Chapter 6: Under the Alleyway

I JUST REALIZED......NOT INCLUDING THIS CHAPTER.....THIS IS ALREADY OVER 15000 WORDS LONG. SIGH.

QIBLI POV

Qibli sat side-by-side with the Icewing in the dark tunnel, screaming and cursing at himself internally for getting involved. When he had seen the Icewing running through the market, he hadn't thought much of it, that was until like four more Icewings came running after him ordering he stop. Qibli's curiosity provoked, he had slipped into the crowd and chased the Icewing himself, and he remebered feeling his heart still when he ducked into the alley in which he had found the fortress' secret entrance.

He had realized that there wasn't a single place to hide in there, so, his head screaming at him not to get involved, he had ducked into the alley just as the guards rounded the corner, and he had been met with a sight he had never expected. An Icewing, wiping away his tears, taking a deep breath, trying to calm down, he knew. That wasn't what got to him, though, what got to him was that he wore an expression nearly identical to that of the female dragon from the previous day, and he had resolved to himself that he would not sit by idly and let something like that happen again.

So, with his mind still cursing his heart but having quieted down a couple pitches, he wrapped himself around the Icewing, who immediately began to struggle, but calmed down when he told him to. Before he could even think through how incredibly bad of an idea it was, or how it would almost certainly blow his cover from there to Jupiter, he had pulled the Icewing into the entrance, moments later hearing the guards shocked, angry, and humiliated voices filling the alleyway above them.

So now, he sat in a dark tunnel that he sincerely hoped the Icewing wouldn't ask to many questions about, awkwardly making small talk while the Icewing snapped his responses back at him. The Icewing had just gotten done telling him that he was not even faintly interested in being friends with him (ingrate), and he rolled his eyes to hide the weird pang of hurt that he felt.

"Well, you must be fun at parties." He said sarcastically, and the Icewing's eyes flashed with anger, he opened his mouth to say something, but Qibli cut him off. "The name's Qibli, your stuffy snow-snifferness." He barbed, smirking as the Icewing closed his mouth in an expression of disgusted horror. "What's yours?"

"As if I would ever tell you!" He snapped back. "I have no need to mingle with dirty commoner scum such as yourself, I am Queen Glacier's nephew!"

Oh. Well. Shit.

"Good for you." He drawled back. " I shall practice my curtsy." He felt a glimmer of satisfaction when the Icewing's face when dark blue.

"Don't bother." He snapped back. "If you are very lucky, we'll never see each other again after today." Qibli narrowed his eyes a fraction of an inch, hearing the implied threat.

"Well, since you're just gushing with gratefulness at the fact that I may have saved your life, your welcome." He semi-snapped back pointedly, and sighed in frustration when the Icewing bristled.

"I've no need be grateful to a Sandwing." He snarled. " And saving my life? Please, don't flatter yourself." He continued flatly. Qibli actually was surprised when he felt a jolt of anger.

"I bet I did." He drawled back easily. "Though if you think you could've handled it, I would be happy to saunter on out of here and tell them where you are." He joked, which was a complete lie of course, he wouldn't do that to a dragon, but he was surprised when the Icewing's whole demeanor changed.

"NO! I mean...no. Please don't." He mumbled quietly, wincing as though it physically hurt him to say 'please' to a Sandwing. Qibli blinked in surprise at his reaction, and although the assassin in him was telling him to press the advantage, he felt a much different urge building up in his chest.