03

Hanni kept mumbling to herself, cursing inside her heart at the given school assignment. "How am I supposed to talk to people and straight up ask them questions?" The wiggling rubber pen in her grip displayed her anxiousness, hovering above the list of questions they were asked to prepare. She had imagined loads of scenarios when interviewing a person, thinking about which one of them will play out in reality, or maybe none.

The pretty girl came again, adding another bundle of scenarios that popped up in a flash. Hanni debated on closing the distance between them to make her a subject of her homework. Her legs were faster than the rumbling doubts, already bringing herself to inch closer. The other girl turned her focus towards the nearing Hanni. One thing she noticed was the decorations on her notebook cover, they were the stickers from yesterday, scattered on the black-colored surface. "Hey, did you like the stickers I gave you?"

"I love them. Look at this, they're so cute." Hanni stretched both of her arms to show the full product in her notebook. "Glad you like them."

Hanni lowered the book down, opening the page scribbled with questions. "Em, sorry to bother you but can I ask you a few questions? It's for school." Earning an eager nod, she sat cross-legged in front of her.

"So the first one is, what's your name and age?"

"Kim Minji, seventeen years old."

"That's a pretty name." Hanni blurted out as she wrote them down in a gist. She faced up again, meeting with the same smile. "Okay, next one. What is your dream for the future?"

"I wanna be a marine biologist."

"Interesting, and are there any obstacles that you're currently facing in the process of reaching that dream?" Minji looked upside, then to the downing sun on the horizon before answering, "Just studies and grades, you know the usual. Gotta work my ass to get into my dream university. Well everyone does." She shrugged.

"Last one, what are your plans to overcome those obstacles?"

"Study? Study smarter? I don't know, I just do my things and wish for the best."

Hanni wrote every word down. "That's all, thank you for your willingness, Minji." She was about to get back to her original spot when the other stopped her. "Can I have your name and age too? So we can call and maybe get to know each other more?"

"You want to know more about me?"

"Why not?"

"I'm Pham Hanni, seventeen years old."