CHAPTER ONE: SILVA

(its 2023 and Silva is 19 now)

Wow. I think its time to wake up and be an adult. Hah, yeah right. My lazy ass can't do it. Sleep is better. A lot better.

A furball started jumping on me and I groaned.

"Why, Howard. You literally hate me, you know I need to sleep," I groaned.

The shih tzu stopped before barking.

"Stop. I will eat you, dog," I muttered. Howard stopped and I sighed in content. Before the dog jumped on my head.

"I'm up. No, I won't eat you," I said, patting the dog's head before I threw on a white shirt and a crop top over it plus some jeans.

♤♡◇♧

"Are you okay? You look dead. Like, what is happening here," Sofia, basically my only friend, said, motioning to my hair. Yeah, I didn't brush my fire red hair(not orange, red. And natural... yay)

"Maybe I am dead. How do you know I'm not. Maybe I don't even exist and I'm a figment of your imagination," I said, waving my arms around like I was a ghost. Or a psychotic person. Yeah, probably the latter.

"My imagination really needs to work on themselves. Here," Sofia tossed a brush at me. Me,  being me, was unable to catch ot and it hit me on the head. I cursed, but brushed my hair.

♤♡◇♧

I left my office for lunch. I hated being an acountant. But I have to earn money some way. I started walking down the block but I couldn't see because of this guy in front of me.

I tried moving around him but I couldn't. He was really tall. And probably had eyes in the back of his head, and probably a mean personality because I still couldn't pass.

Now, I don't like being mean. Okay, sometimes I do, but still I don't usually do it to strangers, but I was mad at this guy. Although in all seriousness he didn't really do anything wrong. But still I was rude to him.

"Excuse me? Walking skyscraper. Let me pass," I snarled.  Yeah, I love being passive agressive.

"Damn, rude much?" a low but playful voice asked.

I looked up and something passed through his eyes. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. Huh. I could've sworn I've seen thos eyes before.

"Lucas?" I asked hesitantly. Hope was blooming in my chest. His eyes widened and he squinted at me.

"Silvie?" Lucas gave a heart melting smile, teeth and all.

I started smiling as well. Before I remembered how he betrayed me. I shoved him.

"You don't get to call me that. You told me you wouldn't leave. You promised. You liar," I snapped. Yeah, I didn't want lunch anymore. My appetite, unsurprisingly, was gone.

I stormed off, Lucas tried following me but I was quick and there were so many people and cars and my nose was filled with the scent of gas. Which I was used to now that I lived in the city for a few years.

I was royally pissed. He doesn't get to call me that after abandoning me.

I trudged back into my workspace and Sofia raised an eyebrow.

"What stick crawled up your ass?" Sofia asked. I shook my head. I couldn't talk right now. Hopefully I would never have to see Lucas Smith's stupid fucking face ever again.