chapter 14

Dana's point of view

I watched her collapse, I rolled my eyes. She never really liked me. I still love her though..... I can't believe she would say that. I ran up to my room and slammed the door. It was so out of character. I turned on music. "Oh if you're loosing sleep, oh if you're loosing sleep...." Vance Joy's voice carried over the instruments. "Oh dont feel bad" i shiuld figure out the giutar for this, " i never have" "Since I got you" I sang along. "My Emmylou...." I continued, breaking down. My M.E.-Lou. She made her choice. "Oh don't feel bad, I never had, since I got you..... My Emmylou. You are loved you are loved you are loved...." I can't even see her now without loving and hating her. There was soon a knock on my door. "Hey..." Cole said. I looked up, and he walked over to me. "Come here." He said, hugging me. "You'll be okay, she didn't mean what she said. I know it." He kept saying. Cole was like my older brother that I never had. We talked until he had to go. I kept Emmylou on repeat. I fell asleep crying on my bed.

M.E.'s point of veiw

I soon came to my senses. I quit sobbing and ran up the stairs. I silently went passed Cole, who gave me a sad look. I paused outside of Dana's door. I heard the song Emmylou by Vance Joy play. I slid down the wall, tears streaming down my face. I could hear him singing, and it made my heart melt. After the song ended, it started again. He got about halfway through, sobbed, and stopped singing. I think he fell asleep. Should I wake him up? The whole Arlene thing has everybody pretty shaken up. And he knows I'm an actress. I opened the door a crack to see him on his bed, tears still on his face. I used my sleeve and gently wiped them off.

Dalton's point of view

I laid M.E. on the couch, and saw Dana roll his eyes. She was still crying and he ran upstairs. She's everything I want in a girl, yes, but what just happened wasn't her. She doesn't talk like that. She wouldn't hurt people like that. All of us know it. Dana knows but his mind is clouded by jealousy. She doesn't want anyone hurt. She puts others before herself. I'm sitting on the floor of the recording studio. I stood up and walked to the switch board. I turned on the mics and picked up a guitar. "Woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes. Started making his way past two in the morning, he hasn't been sober for days. leaning now into the breeze, remembering Sunday he falls to his knees, they had breakfast together but two eggs don't last like the feeling of what he needs. Now this place is familiar to him, she pulled on his hand with a devlish grin ," I sang. I recorded the whole song. I leaned back against the wall and slid. What is it with Dana girls? First he chooses a psychopath, then he chooses a girl who anyone would fall for. And now he is too jealous and angry to do anything. I could feel a few tears fall. I quickly tried to fix my eyeliner. Then M.E. ran past the door with a red and black bag over her shoulder.