sucrose x albedo

Dear Professor

Still fresh from the realms of Mondstadt's University, I, Sucrose, found myself standing outside the intimidating gates of Sumeru Academia. My heart pounded like heavy drum beats. The famous institution bristled with creativity and intelligence, it was a field ripe with alchemical discoveries waiting to be unearthed. I fastened the satchel on my shoulder, filled with my research papers, dreams, and that undeniable dash of anxiety and anticipation.

My first encounter with Albedo was on my very first day, during a lecture on advanced alchemical transmutations. Albedo, the head of the research department, with his slick white hair, an aura of intellectual superiority, was a figure of admiration for many. I remember him standing at the podium, his chalk-dusted hands moving deftly as he illustrated complex diagrams on the blackboard, his voice filled the majestic hall. He spoke with an authority that commanded respect.

Later that day, I had a chance to present my bio-alchemy research in front of the academia. I noticed Albedo, lost in his thoughts, observantly assessing my presentation. His eyes met mine for a moment, those steel blue eyes. Unsettling yet intriguing.

To everyone's surprise, Albedo engaged with me in a discussion following my presentation. His questions were sharp, probing into the depth of my research to test its merit. He countered my theories, his arguments edged with scholarly rigidity. I replied patiently, my defenses just as passionate.

"Do you really believe in such untested, radical theories, Miss Sucrose?" Albedo questioned, his gaze was cool and steady.

I felt my inner flame ignite, ready to defend my beliefs, "Just because they're untested doesn't mean they're invalid, Professor Albedo."

A round of gasp echoed through the hall. Challenging Albedo was not a common occurrence. A smile tugged on the corner of his lips, "Interesting."

From that day forward, my sessions with Albedo turned from being simple lectures to combative intellectual battles. His established knowledge contrasted with my fresh perspectives became a source of academic contentions. And so, the rivalry between us commenced. A rivalry that would soon become the most transformative aspect of my life at Sumeru Academia.

If any in Sumeru Academia had any doubts about the rivalry between Albedo and myself, those doubts were put to rest following an incident during an advanced alchemy experiment. It was another regular day at the lab - burners aflame, beakers bubbling, quills scratching on parchments. I stood in front of a complex apparatus, all my focus was undeniably on the gurgling mixture inside the glass.

Suddenly, a chilly voice echoed from behind, "That compound you're using, it could be dangerous with the Haze Amber." I turned around to find Albedo, his eyes were observing my setup keenly.

"I appreciate your warning, Professor Albedo. But the beauty of alchemy is in its unpredictability, isn't it?" I replied, my gaze not leaving the bubbling mixture.

A soft chuckle escaped his lips, "I see. You enjoy dancing on the fine line of uncertainty?"

"More like hoping to jolt the line into a curve," I retorted with a hint of a smirk.

As days passed, Albedo and I engaged in many such intellectual tug-of-war. We were two contrasting poles of the same force. His established, classic views against my unorthodox ones aroused debates throughout the academia. These debates were fierce - as if the whole of Teyvat was hanging onto our scientific arguments.

Everyone caught onto the palpable rivalry between the reputable Albedo and the newcomer, Sucrose. We were the talk of the institution. Over lunch breaks, during study sessions, even in the quiet corners of the library, whispers about our arguments made rounds. As exciting as it was, it also meant the pressure to maintain my standing against Albedo was ever-growing.