A date turns into a chase

(Ballister P.O.V)

The look on Selena's face is worrying me.

"Common you wanna go see if she is ok?"

Ambrosius smiles at me knowing I'm just as concerned as he is. As if urging me to go he kisses me softly and slowly as he deepens the kiss. The more he kisses me the more I want to stay.

"Ok, lets go."

Ambrosius and I decide to go on a date and follow her. in regular clothes, we slowly follow behind her.

Before we make it to the front door we are stopped by another student of the institution.

"Have you seen this?" he asked while showing us the post.

Oh shit.

We run as fast as we can getting looks from the people we pass. Just our luck as we catch up to her she is walking back with a pizza box in hand and a cat on her shoulder.

A woman in her mid-30s stops her and talks for a bit. Her face turned white really quickly for a second till she regained composure.

Then the news started to play what was on the post. She is not looking happy. The people around us start to react in different ways. Not knowing what to do we each grab one of her hands and run back to the institution. For a moment she was surprised by our actions till she started running herself.

Behind us, some people with cameras out chance us in hopes they catch up. Ambrosius tries the nice guy approach and stops to try and answer the questions. While Selena and I are still running she pushes me into an ally and jumps high in the air landing on a roof. She singles me to meet at the institute. My cape was still concealing my face so no one saw me as I ran in that direction.

Looking up every so often I see her jumping from roof to roof, climbing taller facilities all the while. After what feels like hours of running the three of us are safely at the front door of the institution.

"What was that?" I asked Selena referring to the crazy jump in she was doin'g.

"What? Do you mean the parkour?"

"Yes, you know parkour?"

"Yeah. It's fun as hell. The wind in my face the rush you get if you fall. It's fun."

The way she talks makes it sound like crazy people raised her.

"Are you sure we are your parents? I don't think I would ever let my kid do something like that. Much less my daughter."

"Awwww.... Well, you are my parents, yes but a family friend taught me that while you were on a dinner date."

"You wanna tell us who that friend is?" She shakes her head no like a little kid exaggerating the no so fast I think her head would fall off.

"It's not time for you to meet yet," she says before a small cat runs up to her with something in its mouth. Slowly dropping the thing at her feet. I have no idea what it is but Selena picks it up slowly and thanks the cat.

"What is that?"

"A piece to the time travel machine." as if she just remembered she was not in her time she ran to the the garage where the device was kept.