Chapter 2

A few days passed and Roselyn was still lost. Suny Kingdom is no doubt but her origin, the place where she was born. However, she never set a foot in this land as she was sent abroad by her dad when she was an infant. She grew up, study and live in the foreign land throughout her life. She only met her dad a few times in a year when he comes to visit her and that is basically how her life have been before.

She was supposed to come here next month after her graduation and settle down here. She even plan to go for a vacation to spend the time lost with her dad after a long time being separated by the distance and times. As she was cleaning up her dad room, she got a call from the palace secretary, the same person who inform her about her dad's dead. She was hesitated to answer but it is not like she can turned it down. It was a call from the King after all.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you at this sad moment but I'm here to tell you that the King and The Queen wish to see you this evening. Formal attire. The car will pick you up at 3'0 clock sharp at your house."

"Yeah, sure."

Even though Roselyn doesn't grow up here but there are a few things that she knows and one of it was, when the King and the Queen invited you to the palace and you were asked to wear a formal attire then they will likely to give you a decree like a reward or order. Just the thought of entering the palace make her lost her breath but now she was about to meet the king and the queen of the kingdom.

***

As she thought, the bomb had been dropped. She is now sitting in front of the most powerful man in this kingdom. How can she marry someone who she has never meet? Put the love aside, marrying the crown prince automatically make you the future queen. It was no joke but a pain in the ass.

"Your Majesty, both of my parents were your subject and it was their duty to serve this kingdom even at the cost of their life. It was merely their contribution thus I have no right to claimed the credit from it."

"Roselyn..." the Queen tried to speak up with her but she quickly gets in the line.

"Your Majesty, I know that both of you are concerned about me but Your Highness is the future King of the Suny Kingdom, he got a right to choose his future queen." Roselyn was still trying to turned down the decree politely. No matter what, she has to oppose it.

"She was right, Your Majesty" Finally, here comes a support to back her up. In Roselyn eyes, he looks like a hero in rescue, trying to help her out but then...

"Your Majesty, as the future King of the Suny Kingdom I want Roselyn as my future Queen. Please grant my wish" As he pays a respect for the King and the Queen, Roselyn realized that this destiny is not something that she could escape anymore. The man that she was about to get married is now standing next to her.