Chapter 8

News: Today, is the saddest day for all the people of the Suny Kingdom as the King have departed from this world. The palace secretary has issued a statement saying that the mourning period will be set for a month and coronation of the new King will only take place after that.

The palace was so busy for the funeral ceremony of the late king. The Queen was so dejected that she refused to eat or drink anything since the King died. She just locked herself in the room refusing to meet anyone. Michael is also busy handling the national affairs of the kingdom that he is not even have a time to breath in or look for the Queen. So, Roselyn takes over the duty to take care of the Queen. She doesn't really have many memories with the late King, but he always treats her like a daughter, so she also feels the lost.

"Your Highness, don't you think that you put a lot of sweet in that soup" Mia feels strange with Roselyn. The Crown Princess was good at cooking but why did she add a tone of sugar in the soup?

"The more, the better. Can you help me pour the porridge in the bowl, Mia?"

Roselyn requested to see the Queen but was turned down. So, she said to the Queen that she will be on her knees until the Queen let her in. The Queen afraid that the Crown Princess get hurt since she's fond of her, so she compromised. Roselyn begs the Queen to taste the soup she makes but it was too sweet, so she feed the Queen with the plain porridge that she makes. At the moment, Mia realizes that the Crown Prince purposely make the meals like that in order to make the Queen eat.

"My sweetheart, you really love to play a trick on me, don't you?" the Queen is smiling, and it makes Roselyn so pleased.

"I really appreciate your present here, sweetheart. But you should go and comfort the Crown Prince. He needs you more than me. I'll be fine."

Roselyn feels bad for leaving the Queen in distressed like that, but the Queen's word was right. She doesn't solely belong there but next to her husband. As she is walking into the side palace, she saw Elijah walking out from the door and asked him about the Crown Prince, but his expression say it all. She went into the bedroom and saw Michael dozed off on the couch. The conflict between them have not yet solve but now she has to think of a way to cheer him first.

"I know that you are sad, but I really don't know how to make you smile" said Roselyn while caress Michael's hair before walking away to the dressing room. But Micheal who are just resting on the couch hug her from the back and lean on her shoulder.

"Let me hold you for a second" She can sense the sorrow in Michael's voice and the warm of the tears fell down on her cloth. He must be so devastated.

"Your Highness, can I sleep in your arms tonight?"