⋆ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ⋆

〖 𝐁𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 〗

✧ • 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾: 𝙳𝙸𝚁𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 • ✧

Here she was.

She stood in front of the rundown hotel. the cheapest option available for her, with no reservations needed.

She had to walk around -since she lacked an understanding of the subway system in Japan- seeking directions and recommendations from locals, mustering the courage to ask random civilians in Yokohama for hotel locations in her broken Japanese.

With a deep breath, she stepped inside and was greeted by the front counter.

Slowly she walks to the counter and she places a hand there, gaining the attention of one of the staff. Doppio tries her best not to stutter or stumble upon her words as she opens her mouth.

"Um..Uh, can-"

Doppio was interrupted mid-sentence when a piece of paper and pen were passed to her. The words on the paper were in Japanese, making her sweat and feel uneasy.

She looked back up at the man with a puzzled expression, scratching her cheek in discomfort.

"I don't understand -"

"Oh right, you're a tourist or whatever, right? Here you write your name and here you write where you're gonna check in or out. This is the room price and your door number." He says with a rough voice as he explains and points out various things on the paper.

Despite struggling to understand the process initially, Doppio nods as she tries her best not to write everything on the paper sloppily with a pen.

"... I think I get it, thanks, sir." Doppio smiles as she reaches into her pocket for the wallet, producing some of the yen out of it and placing it on top of the paper. "This is just for a week."

The man nods at her as he gives her the hotel key "Grazie." She thanked him again before heading to the hallways, reading the number on the key.

Finally, she found her door number, as she stood there and inserted the key, twisting it as the door opened. Doppio braced herself for the worst but was pleasantly surprised by what she saw.

The room was decently sized and well-furnished, complete with a chair, drawer, and desk topped with a TV.

Doppio couldn't help but feel a small wave of relief wash over her, grateful for the comfortable space after a long day.

She stepped inside, closed the door behind her, locked it, and took a deep breath, ready to unwind and relax in her new surroundings.

Doppio felt a sense of familiarity. "It feels like I'm home, back in Sardinia." Then her head throbs in pain when she tries to access any wonderful memories there resulting in a throbbing headache.

"Ugh...I really need a pill for this." She groans out.

Locking the door behind her, she went and sat on the bed, stretching her arms. "Well, at least this hotel is good, despite being a cheap one." She laughs dryly.

She then lay down.

"I could get used to this."

Doppio paused as the realization hit her, she sat back up, staring forward at the wall with a perplexed expression.

"How am I going to support myself? Boss was usually the one always helping me but now I'm in a different world where she can't be here." She wondered as her eyebrows furrowed.