Atsushi x Reader 'Yellow'

"best friends?" You asked, putting out your hand to the boy next to you.

"Best friends..." He smiled. "You know... You remind me of the color yellow... Bright and happy..."

"Really?" You asked.

"Mhm! That's your new nickname! Yellow!" He beamed.

***A few years later***

"yellow! No!" Atshushi yelled.

"You better shut your mouth, before I shut it for you!" The headmaster screamed, pulling you away from the place you considered home.

"I'm sorry..." You said tears running down your face.

"No please, don't leave me!" Atshushi cried.

"Shut your mouth!"

You didn't know how to control your powers yet, so you were helpless. Thrown to the side of the road, nowhere to go. Alone.

You looked at the boy, tears running down his face, and you smiled.

"You'll be ok..." You said. "I'll be ok too..."

***

"Y/n come on! People are waiting!" You grabbed the tray of food on the counter, and put a smile on your face.

"Order number 33!" You yelled.

A hand was raised at a nearby table. You placed the food on the table, and grabbed your note pad.

"Is there anything else I can get you?"

"Nope this is it, thank you." The woman sitting at the table said.

You nodded, and walked away.

"Wait!" The lady called.

You turned around.

"Do you have any straws? My daughter needs one." She said glancing at the young girl across the table from her.

"Oh, yes of course." You said, taking a straw from the left pocket of your apron.

"Thank you again." The lady said taking the straw from your hands.

"You're very welcome." You said smiling.

'family...' you thought.

You turned around and walked to another table.

"Hello, welcome to the coffee cafe! May I take your order?" You asked.

A boy with gray hair looked up at you. His haircut wasn't the best, and you noticed that. He looked about 18 and He smiled at you. You couldn't put your finger on it but he looked familiar.

"Yes, I'll have the..." He paused to look at the menu. "Breakfast muffin, and a medium sized black coffee, one sugar please." He said looking back to you.

"Alright." You said writing down the order. "Will that be all?"

"Yes."

"Your food will be out in a few." You said putting the notepad in your pocket.

He nodded, and you walked away.

You ripped the paper of the notepad, and taped it to a metal pole. Then you walked to the coffee machine, and filled a mug with coffee. You took one cube of sugar and placed it in it, stirring it around with a stirring stick.

"Y/n foods ready!" One of your coworkers called.

"Coming!" You said grabbing the mug carefully.

You placed the cup on the tray and walked over to the table.