𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 ℰ𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉ℯℯ𝓃

Saturday

Saturday

✾Zaran✾

I went outside and make my way over to my mailbox. It's something I always do before leaving, just in case there is something inside for me. But this time around, there were 3 envelopes waiting for me.

I confusedly picked all 3 of them up and looked at the big bold letter on one of them.

20,000 dollars in the envelope.

I gasped and ran back into my room, quickly tearing open the envelope with anticipation. Inside was a pile of thick hundred-dollar bills, and upon checking the other one, it was filled just as much. Tears welled up in my eyes as I saw a small note tucked away between the stacks.

"Sorry for being a dick."

Lorenzo, fucking Lorenzo Carter.

I wiped away the tears gathering in my eyes and a smile formed on my face. I have to hurry to him.

Now.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖☾𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

I wait inside the elevator, gripping my cross bag. I can't believe he did this for me.

There was really 20,000 dollars when I counted.

He did care, he cares about me. I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling.

I thought maybe he would give me more days, but I would've never thought he would give me the money without working.

The elevator door opened and I see him standing there pacing back in forth.

I quickly walked out and hugged him.

Yes, I hugged him.

"Thank you so much, thank you so so much," I sobbed, hugging him tighter.

He stood there and didn't hug me back but I wasn't expecting him to. He had just given me so much money without any exchange of work, a gesture totally unexpected on my part. I released him and he was paralyzed, unsure of how to respond or what course of action to take next.

Was this the "payment" he was talking about in the text?

"I don't know how to repay you but I will cherish this forever! Lorenzo than-" I started but he pulled my arm and hugged me.

That caught me so off guard for a second. I told him I hated him the other day, but the hatred didn't completely go away. He pulled away and I started crying uncontrollably.

"W-why are you crying?" he asked, backing away.

"Nobody has ever done something so nice for me," I bawled.

Lorenzo stared at me, "Do you want me to take it back so you'll stop crying?"

I aggressively shook my head.