2. the family flaw

8 months later

Juice bolted out of bed looking startled, causing me to wake up as well in alarm. I watched him as he quickly put on his clothes. I was hoping we could spend this morning together. So I scowled my face in complaint.

"Don't give me that face. Not now." He said hastily.

"Just tell me nobody died."

"Nobody died. I hope so." He said and put on his shirt covering all those tattoos I love to stare at. "There was an explosion in our warehouse."

"The warehouse? You mean that warehouse with all those g--" He interrupted me before I could finish my full sentence with a long kiss.

"Yes. That warehouse. I'll see you later tonight." He said and left without looking back.

Well, it was perfectly understandable that he was so worried. This warehouse was full of guns that the club was running to other local clubs. I knew most of what was going on in there even though I had no say in it. But I wasn't just a woman in there. I was the daughter of John Teller. Just from that fact alone I had a great deal of dignity on my side.

I would walk inside the club and everyone would treat me with respect unlike the Crow Eaters whose only job was to please the club members in any way they wanted.

But my mother. She was the matriarch, she was an old lady. She was the Queen. She was good at it, I must admit. She loved the MC as much as anything and she certainly knew a lot more than I did, having been married to the president.

Anyway, I didn't want to get too involved in the club's shit. I didn't agree with most of what was going on in there. Especially the gun running. I figured after all these years someone would come forward and demand that it all be put to rest. But it wasn't that easy, that I knew.

I got ready and went to the TM since my summer leave is still not over so I have plenty of time to spend doing nothing. I'm going to visit Wendy today, too, to check on her and the baby. I've never had a close relationship with her, mainly because when she and Jax were married I was absent. But I do remember her hanging around the club as a Crow eater. I don't know if Jax ever really fell in love with her or if he just married her for Mom's sake. One thing is for sure, their separation was the only right decision these two made.

"Where does yer mind wander, Livy?" I heard Chibs ask me and he sat down next to me on the bench. The TM was busy today. Everyone had a different job to do.

I looked at my beloved Scot and smiled sweetly at him. I love Chibs as if he were my father. Before I could ask him more details about the explosion in the warehouse, I saw a tow truck pull into TM, carrying a car with a large dead deer stuck in the windshield.

"Sweet mother of God, what the hell happened?" I exclaimed and stood up with Chibs to get a closer look at this spectacle. At that moment I saw my brother arriving at the TM on his motorbike, he too was looking at the car in question.

Out of the tow came the new Prospect, Half-Sack everyone in the club called him, but his name is Kip. He's maybe a couple of years older than me. I remember him from when we were still in school but I never talked to him until 3 weeks ago when he became part of the club.

"Some days, you're the Beemer. Some days, you're the goddamn deer." My brother said as he approached the car.

"Some yuppie creamed her up at the streams." Chibs informed him.

"He run into it or hit a tree while it was giving him head?" Jax mused and opened the car door to check the interior as well.

"How the hell you want me to get it out of there?" Half-Sack asked. And I wish he'd never go there. My brother, with a wicked grin, opened a small hatch in the tow truck and pulled out a chainsaw.