4

You woke up with a splitting headache as a result of the bottle hit. The throbbing pain spread to your whole body as you noticed new bruises and scratches along your figure. You checked your legs to see if you could still walk as you stood in place at yet another unknown place. When you stood, you couldn't go far as more chains were found on your wrists and ankles with a collar that adorned your neck.
You dully noticed your surroundings, at your eyes got used to whatever lighting there was in this place. You noticed other in the same chaining as you. All of you were behind a big cage with multiple doors for easy access. Some hung their heads low, others held theirs up defiantly. You looked to your left and right to see people who were stripped of their freedom.
A few minutes passed as you started to gather your thoughts. "I need to hold my tongue. I don't want to get beaten. Cause as little trouble as possible." Some of your thoughts materialized and came out as murmurs that only you could hear.
-
There was a small struggle happening right before your eyes, but you didn't care enough to listen. You were tired; not only physically, but mentally. After all you were just kidnapped and beaten a little while before. You look a little closer just before you fall asleep.
A mermaid.....? Those exist?
AN: Am I keeping you guys interested? I wanted to have a lot of details, but is the story moving too slow? Also if you could give me some criticism on my writing style/ stories that would be nice . . . I don't really know how to interact with you guys.....