PLEA

After last night, it was time to deal with the aftermath of my actions. I killed Trinity and almost killed my brother.

There was no fear of the consequences on my part. But I needed to get my home back in order.

I talked with my guards about Trinity's demise and also my brother no longer being able to come on unexpected visits. Not that I thought he would be coming here anytime soon, but I needed to set some new rules.

Reports were made, and documents were filed. Trinity's remains, including her head, were already sent to the funeral home for cremation.

Jasmine was still asleep when I left her room this morning. I had breakfast sent to her once she awakened.

"You wanted to see us, your majesty?"

Elisa, Sara, Cindy, and Lina all stood before me. They knew that Trinity was dead but surprisingly looked more relieved than sad.

"Yes, you may all have a seat."

Having Jasmine here would only cause me to neglect them, so I was trying to prevent any future tantrums by them and deaths by hands from occurring.

"I've decided I'm letting you all go."

Their eyes widened, and panic was on their faces.

"But why?" Sara asked.

"You ladies need to start living a normal life."

Lina and Cindy were already in tears.

"This is our life, your majesty," Elisa said with sadness in her eyes.

I wasn't expecting their reactions. I assumed they wouldn't hesitate to jump at a chance to be on their own with no rules or curfew.

"You ladies will be compensated for your time here and your services."

"Services? Is that all we were to you?" Lina asked.

"Yes, the contracts each of you signed stated that."

Elisa stood up. "I'm not leaving...I will work as a maid."

"Me too!" Sara added.

I sighed. "Ladies, that's not happening."

"What about Jasmine?"

"Yeah, why isn't she here?"

My annoyance at being questioned was about to get the best of me.

"You ladies should be focused on yourselves."

"Oh, I see. Is that why you killed Trinity? Because of Jasmine?" Lina was becoming brave.

"No, she didn't know when to shut up."

I sipped my tea, letting my words sink in their minds. They all looked at each other and pulled back. My level for disrespect was low and plummeting by the day.

"Sorry to interrupt, your majesty."

My guard gave me four white envelopes.

"Use this money wisely. It should help you get housing, transportation and basic essentials."

Each woman received a $100,000 check. In any other circumstance, they would take the money and run, but there was no smile on their faces.

"Don't you ladies have dreams and goals you want to attain?"

"I never thought about it. You gave us everything...money, designer clothes, expensive trips, and companionship. What else was there to want?"

"You ladies don't want to be happy and live how you want..."

"Who said we weren't already doing that?"

Elisa's words made me feel sad for her and the other ladies. But my mind was made up.

"You all have until the end of the week. A car will take you where you need to go...airport, relative, new place...etc."

With no more words, I got up and left the room with the sounds of their cries echoing behind me.

***

When I came out of my on-suite bathroom, there was a tray of food waiting for me.

After last night, I was still nervous about everything.

Trinity being dead, Liam trying to kidnap me and Beau getting rid of his harem...this was a lot to take in.

Him telling me I was his mate was terrifying but also made me excited. My shame was felt instantly, and it was a constant battle to stay true to my original plan.

But the more I thought about Beau and what could be, my plan no longer was desired.

KNOCK, KNOCK!

"Come in."

"Hello, Madam. My name is Theo, and I will be your chaperone to your first dance lesson this afternoon."

I stood to my feet. "I have a lesson today?"

"Yes, here is your schedule for the next three months."

He gave me the paper, and my eyes watered. I couldn't believe it, Beau kept his word.

Jasmine, be careful. You don't know his real intentions.

I calmed myself and read the schedule. My first lesson was today at 2:00 pm.

"Thank you, Theo. I will be ready at 1."

He gave me a nod and left the room. At 12:40, I was already showered and dressed.

One day, before etiquette class, I was able to get the appropriate ballet wardrobe and gear. I was so excited that Beau went ahead and chose my instructor. I trust his judgment when it comes to quality.

When I went to the library, he was seated in his usual spot. He looked so good, and my belly fluttered at the sight of him.

"Well, look at you."

His smile and words made me blush.

"Hi."

"I see you're ready for your first lesson. Are you excited?"

"Of course. It's taking everything in me, not to scream." I laughed, and he just stared at me.

It was like he was analyzing and studying my every move and words. It made me nervous.

"Your majesty, Jasmine's ride is ready."

I looked to see Lina standing by the stairs. She looked like she hadn't slept in weeks.

"Okay, let's go."

Beau held my hand as we walked to the entrance. I noticed the other ladies were seated in the great room.

I was starting to get an uneasy feeling, but I tried not to let it mess up my day.

"Have fun, and I want to hear all about it when you get back."

I kissed Beau's lips. "Okay."

Inside the back seat, I was overcome with joy. I haven't danced in years but I was ready.

Then, in the distance, I could see the ladies standing on the steps.

Sara and Lina watched with disgust on their faces. While Cindy and Elisa had sadness on theirs.

It hit me that Beau must have told them that he would no longer have a harem.

My phone buzzed, and I took it out of my bag. There was a text message.

Don't get comfortable. You're gonna end up just like Trinity, daddy's girl.