Chapter 25

Dante's POV.

"So if I were to marry you, I'd be Donna?" Kai asked, playing with my hair.

"Yes. You'd be the wife of the Don, which would make you Donna."

"What if I still wanna be your wife, but not the Donna?"

"That's unfortunately not possible, dear."

Kai let out a small sigh.

"So, would I have to move to Italy? What about my life in New York?"

I hummed in thought.

"Umm, well I don't know. I've never lived anywhere but the Estate since my parents moved out after I became the Don, so I don't know about moving. As far as New York, we can come up with a compromise," I replied.

Kai leaned in and kissed me softly.

"I don't wanna be a part of this life, Dante. I don't wanna live in constant fear and weapons..." Kai whispered in my ear.

My heart began beating.

Is she gonna tell me that she wants to leave? She's gonna leave me...

"But, I still love you. You have to promise that if I ever marry you, I won't ever be involved in this. I'll accept the title, but I won't have to hurt anyone unless I need to. You have to promise that my family would be kept safe and that I would be kept safe," Kai said firmly. I put her hair behind her ear.

"I promise. I promise to keep you and your family safe and I promise you that you won't be put in any of this," I said sincerely. Kai kissed me and I kissed back with my hand on her back.

.

.

Kai's POV

.

.

It was time to return to New York. I put my stuff into the limo and waited for Sofia and Dante.

Sofia came running down the steps and I gave her a big hug.

"Sofia! My little Ladybug!" I exclaimed with a laugh. She hugged me tight.

"When are you coming back?" Sofia asked. I let go of the hug and squeezed her hand gently.

"Soon, Ladybug. I'll be back soon," I replied, kissing her cheek. I looked at Dante and hugged him tightly.

"Nice ass," I said, running my hand over his behind. He smirked.

"You better be lucky Sofia is watching," he whispered. I giggled and kissed him softly before jumping into the limo.

"Bye, guys! Love you, I'll call you when I land!" I shouted from the car. Sofia waved and Dante picked her up.

I sat down and rolled up the window with a sigh.

Am I sure about this?

Do I really wanna spend the rest of my life like this?

What about my ma? My career?

I had a lot to think about.

.

.

.

.

Boarding the plane, I put my stuff into the cubby.

"Hey ma! I'm coming back to New York!"

"You comin' back? Oh, girl, you finna be mad."

Huh?