Chapter 28

Kai's POV.

After hearing that, I can't say that I've been the same the following days.

I've been occupying myself by watching over the children 24/7 but I feel like they are tired of me 😔.

I plumped down onto a stool in the kitchen. Dante's words continued to play in my head over and over and, not to mention, I was even more sexually frustrated.

"Fuck my life," I whispered to myself.

"First fight already?" Rafael chuckled. I rolled my eyes and saw him and the same woman from before. Ilara.

"Not exactly a fight."

"It's complicated..." I sighed.

"Rafael, leave out of here. I'm gonna have a girl's talk with our guest here," the woman ordered Rafael.

"Sure," he replied sarcastically, walking out of the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Ilara asked.

"Well, Dante and I have known each other for almost 2 and a half years. We started dating a month ago and well after I moved in with him, he stopped touching me. He hasn't been kissing me as much as before and I thought he wasn't attracted to me anymore," I said.

"Did he say that he wasn't?"

"No, in fact, we got into an argument about it and, well, uh-, he told me that he wanted to fuck me into the middle of next week but he can't because I told him I want to lose my virginity when we marry. But now, I'm sexually frustrated and Dante is still avoiding me," I said.

Ilara put her finger on her lips.

"Did he bring up marriage to you?"

"Yeah. His parents don't like that though so I'm worried about that too," I sighed. Her eyes widened.

"He brought up marriage to his parents?!" Ilara asked. I nodded.

"Well, he wants to marry you and I assume you wanna marry him too."

"Well, don't opt out. If you wanna wait, you wait. Trust me, I wasn't a virgin when I met Rafael and I made him wait till we were married; I couldn't walk for the majority of our honeymoon, but it was worth it."

"So what do I do?"

"Tell him how you feel and come up with a way to continue to bond without it just being sexual," Ilara recommended.

"That's what I've been trying to do, but he said every time he sees me, he's hard!" I sighed in frustration.

"Okay, how about y'all try other stuff? It doesn't have to be sex, but something to satisfy each other until it's time to get down and dirty."

"We did that in the past and I honestly don't know why we stopped," I replied.

"Try something that'll get your minds off of sex," Ilara suggested.

.

.

8:30 pm...

.

.

I sat in the lounge, working on my next book, when I heard the entrance.

Dante's finally home.

I heard footsteps walk into the empty room where I was.

"Evening, Kai," Dante leaned over the couch and kissed me.

That's surprising.

I kissed back and pull him by the couch.

"We need to talk about what happened the other day," I said, putting my notes and laptop down. He loosened his tie and gave me his attention.